Bucks of '21-22

Hoytvectrix

5 year old buck +
Thought we could move over to another thread for posting hard-horned bucks. I'll get things started. Really surprised to see this guy walking in the middle of the property in the middle of the day.

Attachments

• T_00009 (4).JPG
    T_00009 (4).JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 127
Not quite Hard Horned but peeling a little

x2NfCLG.jpg

O62vlei.jpg

DeLoENl.jpg

LAl7vS4.jpg

sRdJtlg.jpg

w9IZF3t.jpg

Not quite Hard Horned but peeling a little

x2NfCLG.jpg

O62vlei.jpg

DeLoENl.jpg

LAl7vS4.jpg

sRdJtlg.jpg

w9IZF3t.jpg
I love the kickers on a few of those. I'm not sure if that is more of a sign of genetics or age, or a combination of both, but I'd love to see more of those around my neck of the woods.

Love those long brow tines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres a bonus buck. On a lease property. Not a buck we've done habitat work for, but none the less, I'd give him the business.stitz boy 1.jpgstitz buck 2.jpg

Looks like there's a story. You got him??

Not a great story. Gut shot him on the 5th. He laid down and i shot him again high. And then it poured. Tracking dog spent 5 hours looking the next night. Made it within 30 yards. I was back at it a day or two later and paddled around a nearby pond and finally found him. Mentally exhausting, but I was happy to get closure.

a358fba443dc5d34ad31c3558b5b76da.jpg

9e63f7ab97f4c4a0b1cb161dad1a917c.jpg

21a09f097839ccabc91b1b26e6554027.jpg

It obviously hurts to lose the meat, but good to find him with the rack intact. My best buck by about 20 inches. Now waiting to find a cape for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you gave it everything you had. Sometimes they don't end how we hope, but that's how it goes. Glad you got him and get to keep that monster rack... congrats! Post up some pics when he gets mounted.

IM_00016.JPG

Biggest I've gotten on camera so far. Naturally I had pics of him on about every camera, in the daylight, the week before season but none since this one on a Sunday morning.

seems that the larger bucks here in north central PA are only really moving at night (not surprising with the high temps)....all of these pics were taken on or very near food plots though...so it might take a few cold fronts and colder days to get them out with the sun still shining
IMG_5019[1].JPGIMG_5044[1].JPGIMG_5028[1].JPGIMG_5038[1].JPG