Brute 'N Bottoms

Dipper, finally got pics of the teeth on that first buck we shot opening day. What you think?

I am anxiously awaiting Dippers reply here ... :)

When I was a kid my grandmother suggested us kids not use a ouiji board cause it's not good to stir those that have moved on.

Just sayin ;)

I must have missed something, I haven't kept up on things here, it's been a busy spring.

I can take more photos tonight of the teeth straight down and post them.

He spends much of his forum time now over on the QDMA site, ripping on Steve B. Very similar to what he did here most of the time.:rolleyes:

He spends much of his forum time now over on the QDMA site, ripping on Steve B. Very similar to what he did here most of the time.:rolleyes:
Ure an awesome guy wisc., yes I'm not here much. Bueller told me about ure request
Top view please
That poor sucker has a chipped tooth, ouch!

I might not know much, but I do now it's older than a couple hours like this poor gal was.
E1B6454B-F61B-45EA-B3DE-A9181B0485A6.jpg

I heard her bellering her last breaths, Mother Nature is cruel. Almost as bad as wisc's buddies. Right back at u pal-;)

Hey Dip,

Do you have any pics of the jawbones for the cubs and momma bear you harassed out of their den?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

942595CB-3AC3-4A39-86C7-8FACC0AD0873.jpg
Hey Dip,

Do you have any pics of the jawbones for the cubs and momma bear you harassed out of their den?

Attachments

• 2943BF1C-B0DB-4654-95DE-E6B70496EBEF.jpg
    2943BF1C-B0DB-4654-95DE-E6B70496EBEF.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 14
The only time you guys creep out of the closet is too talk **it to dipper. We get it, you don't like him. Ok now grow up and move on.

I'm just searching the interwebs looking for deer and habitat info. There used to be a bunch of it here before your boy/friend ran everyone off. I'm not an apple guy may I may be one someday so I check in from time to time.

I will call a likely criminal out when I see it regardless of the website. If you have a problem with that I guess you can exercise the often used ban function.

I must have missed something, I haven't kept up on things here, it's been a busy spring.

I can take more photos tonight of the teeth straight down and post them.
I just found this thread. Do you have an update on the work you have been doing this year? I really enjoyed this thread, other than the bitching.

I just found this thread. Do you have an update on the work you have been doing this year? I really enjoyed this thread, other than the bitching.

I do, just haven't had the time to update things. The little guy has been keeping me busy, lots of fun, he refuses to ride anywhere on the golf cart other than where you see him in this pic.

I rented a dozer back in April to clear a new food plot back in the swamp. It went great until I was 90% done, I got in a pinch between a downed tree and a big a$$ stump. One of my tracks was perfectly aligned with a small drainage ditch, I tried to move and down I went. After 2 hours and the neighbor's help, who runs dozer for work, we got it out.

We planted 8 acres of beans at this farm, and 5 acres at our other farm. All of the green plots below are beans except for the NW corner plot, thats where I got the dozer stuck. That one will be a half oats/rye and half radishes. I just sprayed beans the last 2 days, we keep getting rain and we will be in good shape. The majority of trees we planted last spring are alive and doing pretty well.

Here is the aerial of Havenwood Ridge, our farm in Eau Claire County, green is beans, yellow is corn.

My buddy has a Brutebuster planter that you can use with an ATV/UTV. It's a 2 row planter, I planted corn and beans, it worked really well! I was planting at 10 MPH, it's built like a tank. I'd estimate it takes 30 minutes per acre. I have our farmer plant our bigger fields, but I planted the smaller ones it's not convenient for him to do.

I planted 8 rows of corn in certain spots along the edge to create a screen for access. I was able to get NWTF corn for $30 a bag, we'll see how it holds up. EW was tough to get this year from what I heard.

http://www.growbrutebucks.com/equipment/go/

We got mounts back from last year.

Here's the jawbone of the one on the right from straight above.

Things are taking shape at both farms, I'm almost ready for fall.

Here is the aerial with food plots and stands at Brute 'N Bottoms. We have beans planted in the 3 large green food plot locations, a total of 8 acres, the yellow is corn.

The beans furthest to the north look great, the large field on the east looks great, but the deer have absolutely demolished the northern section of the western beans. I broadcast radishes into them yesterday as this field won't produce beans unfortunately.

The stand location along the creek in the center of the property is a heck of a spot. There's a culvert to cross the creek, the deer use the skinny piece of timber to the SW of the stand, the swamp to the SE is some of the best cover I have ever come across and an incredible bedding area, and they follow the creek as well. To sum it up, the deer come from every direction, you better be on your to toes when you're sitting here. There was only 1 tree that worked to hunt this spot, but that tree is dead and I'm not taking any chances. I built a 8x8 elevated platform using elevators, and I will put a ground blind on top of it in 2 weeks. You can see the lone wolfs in the dead tree just to the right of the platform.

Looks like the deer are hammering your beans!!

Looks like the deer are hammering your beans!!

The other 2 fields look great, I had a camera on this field, and blowing weeds filled the card up the first day :mad:

My parents purchased a residential lot close to Eau Claire, it has some spruce trees that were going to get bulldozed, so we hired a guy to transplant 12 trees to Havenwood Ridge. The white line in the aerial below is where we put them. We split the field up, and left a 30 yard gap between the box blind and the spruce, should help get them closer to the blind.

I checked cams and had a buck show up that we passed numerous times last year, I believe he was 3 last year.

Here he is on the edge of one of my bean fields a few days ago. Still a straight 8 point, he hung around all fall and winter last year, looks like he added some mass, I'd like to get him to next year.