Broadcast Corn, No Discing?

Please be aware that most seed corn today comes with man/science introduced coatings that are pesticides and herbicides that are detrimental if not deadly to wildlife
If they do not outright poison critters like Turkey, quail and deer they can cause a range of side effects such as reproduction interruption and introduce into fawns thu lactation growth and survival impediments to young deer .. It is so serious that the seed bags themselves almost always will direct you in the proper disposal of unused seed ..
Corn that is spilled in the field from harvest of course does not have the induced chemicals and therefore are a legitimate food source for wildlife..
I am sure that none of us once we realize a particular process we may be using as food plotters would be attempted or continued unless a change in application is effected ..as in the broadcasting of corn the simple act of running a disc over it would certainly improve the percent of covered corn ..but not 100% ..If you were to broadcast into worked ground then disc then drag then cultipack ..then you would certainly get much nearer 100% of grain covered ..which by the way would grant you a much better corn crop ..

As a side bar ..unless you are wanting the corn as cover or structure for a vining/climbing forage of some sort ..you might want to consider your deer and raccoon density for there are many places that because of high wildlife populations would require many acres of corn to actually have corn available as a winter food source

Bear

@Brokenbear thats a great point, and only last year did I start looking at my rainbow colored seed mixes wondering how much of this the turkeys are filling their bellies with. So started looking for uncoated seed in 2023. Agree though this is probably doubly important with corn… if I go down this route I’ll look for uncoated seed, like indian corn etc. Man you really have to be paying attention if you want to cut back on chemicals and poisons.