BRF area bulk seed

kabic

5 year old buck +
For you guys in the Black River Falls area, the new Thiesens store sells some seeds bulk by the pound. 3 or 4 clover varieties, turnips, radishes, chicory and a couple others I can't remember. ..other types of brassicas I think. Prices are reasonable.

To clarify by bulk I mean a couple of pounds...you bag the amount yourself but you probably aren't going to get 50 lbs...
Well depends on what they have in the back room I guess.

Last edited:
My former seed supplier had little 20# hopper gravity dispensers for small quantities, and then had 30 gallon Rubbermaid tubs on the shelf for larger orders. It was all sold by weight and they had decent prices (in line with the web stuff, minus postage). They just also were an Ace Hardware and I think that price structure and availability of products made them close their doors when there was a Fleet Farm less than 5 miles away.

I need to find a replacement before too long. When I start clearing land, I'd like to get more forage growing.

For you guys in the Black River Falls area, the new Thiesens store sells some seeds bulk by the pound. 3 or 4 clover varieties, turnips, radishes, chicory and a couple others I can't remember. ..other types of brassicas I think. Prices are reasonable.

To clarify by bulk I mean a couple of pounds...you bag the amount yourself but you probably aren't going to get 50 lbs...
Well depends on what they have in the back room I guess.

Stopped in there today to pick up some nuts and bolts. Pretty nice place. Lots of stuff. ACE sells seed by the pound too but they are pretty expensive. Thiesens has pretty fair prices on their seed. I can see stopping in and picking up some on the way to the farm.