Box blinds on sale

Peeps

5 year old buck +
IMG_1866.PNG Menards currently has there booner box blinds on sale and also has the 11% rebate active. I picked up the 5 side model yesterday. I've read good reviews on these for an affordable blind.

IMG_1912.JPG IMG_1913.JPG IMG_1912.JPG Got mine put together and set up for my wife and daughter. They did not want it elevated yet.

I looked at those briefly while in the store recently. I've got a couple of the ones they used to have, guidesman I think is what they were called. They look pretty similar. Guidesman were a hair cheaper in price.

I was really impressed with the quality of the blind. It is thick and was easy to assemble. I calked all the seems and around the base. I could see my son wanting the smaller version for himself next year but he said he likes to be out in the open to hear and see the deer approaching.

I am thinking about purchasing one of these either the 5 side or 6 side. Anyone have one of those on a platform? I want to elevate it but I am concerned with water and snow getting through the seems at the bottom where it would connect to the platform. Anyone have any experience with this or have any knowledge/suggestions on how to “seal” the bottom?

I and a friend each bought the big one last winter when menards had them on clearance and during 11% rebate. They are placed on a platform with trap door entrance. We foamed all seams, caulked outside and inside bottom, foamed the ceiling vent, and screwed the door closed, and sealed with weather stripping. The blinds hunted well this season so far. There is no evidence of leaking in either blind. The deer have been all around the blind during season. One has been shot out of them with gun. Many passed. It would work for crossbow but not vertical bow unless it is on the ground.

I did the same sort of thing with mine. I caulked all the seems and around the bottom. My door is warped some causing it to bow out making a gap. I’m either going to drill in another latch to force it closed or mold a foam spacer to fill the gap. These are the issues you may get with these blinds but remember your paying around $500 vs over a $1000 for the big name blinds.

Yeah for sure, I think I am going to build a wood shelf/frame on the inside for some stability and comfort. I am liking the price tag and if they can be modified into something pretty decent that seems to last then why not.

Is it possible to bow hunt out of these?

Is it possible to bow hunt out of these?

Cross bow only for the 4x4 I would say. Haven't been in the 5 sided. I'm guessing it would still be tough w/ the vertical bow and horizontal windows.

I think it could be possible with the 6 sided one. 3 panels would have vertical windows.