Bow rest

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
While in stand, waiting for a deer, how do you hold your bow? I have a couple stands where I need to stand up the entire time, no chair. After a half hour or so, my old surgically repaired shoulders ache from holding the bow. I normally leave my release hooked up, and help hold the weight of the bow with my right hand on the release, then my left hand on the bow, and hold it against my belly, but even then, my shoulders get so sore. I use to use a screw in hook to screw into the tree to hang my bow on, but then I have a lot of movement to grab my bow, and hook my release up, then draw back the bow, and I have been busted several times, so I try to keep the bow in my hands.

Back at home, I primarily hunt public land, and I often hunt on the ground, because prime spots are often used up, so you have to have several options to go. Again, I am stuck holding my bow, and my shoulders are very sore after 30 minutes of holding it. I am the only one with bad shoulders that runs into this? I have never seen anyone else talk about it, so I assumed there is a easy solution, but I havent figured it out yet.

About all of my stands are ladder stands with nice rails on them that I have added pipe insulation too so I just lay my bow on it and pick bow up slow. A few of my stands also have the Realtree EZ hanger off to side coming off side of tree that are very handy. I have been wanting to try the Third Hand Archery mounts on my shooting rails to see how good they work have heard good reviews on them.

Do a search for Black Claw Bow holder. I am in no way affiliated with this product or its creator. Just something I've looked at as I am in a similar situation. Seeing as I can no longer stand for hours on end I didn't see this as a viable option for myself. Nor can I hang onto my bow for any real length of time. In addition to my shoulder and elbow issues, I just can't keep my hand warm in the light glove I like to wear.
I have a couple of those screw in bow holders that have 3 sections instead of just the 2. With a little thought to installation I find I can adjust them in most situations that require very little movement to bring the bow into a ready position.

Do a search for Black Claw Bow holder. I am in no way affiliated with this product or its creator. Just something I've looked at as I am in a similar situation. Seeing as I can no longer stand for hours on end I didn't see this as a viable option for myself. Nor can I hang onto my bow for any real length of time. In addition to my shoulder and elbow issues, I just can't keep my hand warm in the light glove I like to wear.
I have a couple of those screw in bow holders that have 3 sections instead of just the 2. With a little thought to installation I find I can adjust them in most situations that require very little movement to bring the bow into a ready position.

This is exactly what I was looking for! I just ordered one, thanks!

Excellent. Let us know how it works for you.