All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boom sprayers

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
Has anyone found a better affordable boom sprayer than Northern tool?

Depends what you call affordable. I have a relatively inexpensive Fimco 55 gal. The support structure was pretty wimpy. I had to weld some angle iron to it for support. Other than that, it works fine. You need to buy a pto pump, so add that to the cost.

Thanks,

Jack

....... and we all know where this is heading ,so lets get started

I prefer a boomless sprayer because........

bill

I found boom sprayers to be much more precise and you can really control drift which is helpful when spraying half of plots or around trees. That said my Demco is a 3 point with breakaway booms and a roller pump. It wasn’t cheap but controlling how far away you start spraying from your target vegetation or adjusting that distance on the go with the flick of the lever is kinda priceless. You don’t mention what type of boom sprayer you want, tractor, ATV, UTV?

I don't know why I would have to have a PTO pump as long as mine was big enough.I always got along ok until this year and it seemed like spraying on my liberty beans I was only getting a kill on part of the pattern so even though it looked like a good pattern it really wasn't

I don't know why I would have to have a PTO pump as long as mine was big enough.I always got along ok until this year and it seemed like spraying on my liberty beans I was only getting a kill on part of the pattern so even though it looked like a good pattern it really wasn't
Do you need to replaced the filters and clean/replace the nozzles?

I have checked the filter and the nozzle.Really if they were as good boom sprayers we would use boomless on our big ag sprayers

The northern tool is a brake away

The type of pump depends on the type of sprayer. ATVs and UTVs don't have PTOs so that is not an option. Older tractors don't have 12-volt power connections unless you modify them do PTO pumps are the only option.

My setup is kind of a combo. I use a PTO pump for the 55 gal Fimco. I built a Po Boy foamer out of a gas can and compressor. I drive the compressor with the 12-volt connection. I don't know that one type of pump is any better or worse than the other. Both provide adequate pressure if sized properly.

Thanks,

Jack

Cropcare atv sprayer. I have used one for several years now.
Solid sprayer. No issues yet. It costs a little more but its not too bad after you buy a cheap one and then have to buy another

The northern tool is a brake away
I use their 26 gallon (I think that is the size, but could be 30 gallon) ATV/UTV sprayer for 3 years and it works great out of the back of my Rhino.