Blue Hill Nursery Sale

Shipping costs are based on 2 factors .... weight & box dimensions. I've had trees damaged by improper packing. Glad to pay for well packaged trees.

I cut my order by a couple of trees so the shipping wasn't so high. Like others have said, I sure hope they are worth it. I ordered lockdown and turning point crab as well as enterprise and arkansas black apples. 2 year old trees. I wonder how long it will take for them to fruit?

I cut my order by a couple of trees so the shipping wasn't so high. Like others have said, I sure hope they are worth it. I ordered lockdown and turning point crab as well as enterprise and arkansas black apples. 2 year old trees. I wonder how long it will take for them to fruit?
I’m not too familiar with Dolgo rootstock. Only started planting Ryan’s trees in 2021. The Dolgo from that year had a few fruit this year. So far they’ve probably been the slowest growing rootstock I’ve got trees on. Not a big deal I’ve got almost 50 in total on various rootstock and have some patience.

Missed out on persimmons again! Got 2X Kerr (extremely impressed with their disease resistance), Chestnut, and Trailman. Last year I got a Turning Point, Galarina, RubyRush, and Road Kill. All except RubyRush very good growth and DR. Turning Point took forever to leaf out but has probably grown 4-5 feet. The late leaf out should be very helpful for me as I'm in a deep frost pocket.

Not sure what's happening with Ruby Rush, but it finally seems to be growing fairly well - hopefully it hardens off before the freeze.

The shipping charges are high, but blame UPS. The teamsters have to pay for those raises and new trucks somehow!
His shipping charges have always been higher than some others. Nothing to do with UPS or teamsters. Box size and package quality is the culprit. BH is on the way to our camp - so we just pick up our trees. No shipping charges. You won't be sorry with Blue Hill's trees!!!

Last edited:
I am suprised by the amount of apple and pears left. I emailed Ryan today asking him if I could add to my order. He emailed me back very quickly. Told him what I wanted and he sent me an invoice and paid through paypal. Hoping the rest of the trees go quick that way I am not tempted to order more! Lol

There are more trees coming back in stock for anyone who missed out.

There are more trees coming back in stock for anyone who missed out.
How do you know that?
I'd love to get a few persimmons.

How do you know that?
I'd love to get a few persimmons.
Ryan announced it on Facebook. Looks like Apples and Pears only, no Persimmon.

Ah, I'm not on FB. Thanks

Saw this today but I already have 9 coming in the spring..have added 2 to my original order in the past couple weeks..I think I’m out of caging and prep materials so I have to stop..

The video he posted is darn impressive! I only wish my 2 year old trees looked that good…

The video he posted is darn impressive! I only wish my 2 year old trees looked that good…
I saw that. This year I'm going to pick up the trees, and am now slightly worried about fitting them into a truck bed with a cap on it.

Saw this today but I already have 9 coming in the spring..have added 2 to my original order in the past couple weeks..I think I’m out of caging and prep materials so I have to stop..
What?? Stop?! There’s credit cards and farm stores to help restock those materials you’re out of to plant more trees!!

Your welcome!

What?? Stop?! There’s credit cards and farm stores to help restock those materials you’re out of to plant more trees!!

Your welcome!
I may thank you in a few years but 9 is a lot for one late March (hopefully) planting day..still on the lookout for 1 more..

Turkey Creek and Whitetail crabs is about a dozen a box max. Since shipping is expensive, I try to get alteast 8 trees.

Make your spring easy on yourself. I have 5 holes prepped already. I prep a very large hole, usually takes an hour to make a planting spot ready with a rototiller. Wish I had some more time in the fall, I need to move 5 trees.

Waiting to see Turkey creek go on sale. Might scoop up a trailman and another freedom. Got an order from mehrabyan nursery too, thinking winesap and mulberry from them maybe.

Turkey Creek and Whitetail crabs is about a dozen a box max. Since shipping is expensive, I try to get alteast 8 trees.

Make your spring easy on yourself. I have 5 holes prepped already. I prep a very large hole, usually takes an hour to make a planting spot ready with a rototiller. Wish I had some more time in the fall, I need to move 5 trees.

Waiting to see Turkey creek go on sale. Might scoop up a trailman and another freedom. Got an order from mehrabyan nursery too, thinking winesap and mulberry from them maybe.

Make my spring easy on myself? Done. Bought a 200 tablet bottle of ibuprofen at WalMart yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I tried to make a hole like that ahead of time, I'd end up with a pond.