Blackberry/Raspberry to Edge Food Plots?

Victor Van Meter

5 year old buck +
My largest food plot (2 acres) butts up against woods on 3 sides and to a pasture on the 4th. I plant a screen on the pasture side, but was curious if I should plant some berry bushes on the wooded sides. Any thoughts/issues anyone has? Thanks.

I'd feather the edge, and you'll probably get some that come in naturally. If not, you can always go in later and plant some in the the tree tops.

I'd feather the edge, and you'll probably get some that come in naturally. If not, you can always go in later and plant some in the the tree tops.
I just started doing this on my food plots, and the blackberries have filled in the edged within a year.

In my area any time sunlight hits the woods edge there will be blackberry and/or raspberry bushes growing naturally. Piling the downed trees into a pile seems to help expedite the process since birds will sit there and seed the adjacent areas when they fly away and poop out seeds.

I plant berries everywhere I can. Whatever I don't manage to eat is devoured by the wildlife. Raspberries and blackberries are especially easy to grow. I prefer to plant choice varieties than to see what nature comes up with. Wild varieties are often hit-or-miss.

Thanks for the feedback guys.