Black hills spruce

Ok agree … how many actual feet per tree ? I’m trying to do the math before I leave ? 40 trees total .
I go 13’ per cage, with a 6” overlap for strength where the ends meet, gives me a 4’ diameter cage. I’d rather add the extra couple feet while I’m making cages to gain another year of protection on my trees than get one or two extra cages out of a roll of wire. I use 10 gauge remesh wire as well, 5’ wide x 150’ long roll. It makes super strong cages that stand in their own. I’ve seen my neighbors half ass thin wire cages get ripped off by our buck and his trees ripped apart. Not mine… the piece of mind is worth the $$$ in my world.

I go 13’ per cage, with a 6” overlap for strength where the ends meet, gives me a 4’ diameter cage. I’d rather add the extra couple feet while I’m making cages to gain another year of protection on my trees than get one or two extra cages out of a roll of wire. I use 10 gauge remesh wire as well, 5’ wide x 150’ long roll. It makes super strong cages that stand in their own. I’ve seen my neighbors half ass thin wire cages get ripped off by our buck and his trees ripped apart. Not mine… the piece of mind is worth the $$$ in my world.
Same dimensions that we use at camp. Count 26 "squares" (each 6" wide) and you get 13 ft. Keeps deer off until our trees are big enough to survive & prosper.