Binocular Recommendations

kl9

5 year old buck +
My brother is looking for a Christmas gift for himself. He wants a pair of binos for 650 or less. Something with nice glass and roughly 15x. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Vortex glass. I believe the Vortex Viper HD 15x50 will be in that $650 range.

I have the same glass in 8x42 and highly recommend.

Reactions: kl9
I'm a big fan of Vortex glass. I believe the Vortex Viper HD 15x50 will be in that $650 range.

I have the same glass in 8x42 and highly recommend.
That is exactly what I have myself. I love them. He likes them too, but just thought he'd consider all options first.

zeiss conquest 10x42. love them.

Vortex is nice glass.

15X would require a tripod, no way to hold that still enough to see through. I'm trading my 10X for 8X next season.

The Cabelas Euro's are an excellent quality glass and when on sale get to his target price.

Not 15x, but i've got Leopold Acadias a d I love them. They are great out to a few hundred yards. I'd say stick with vortex or leupold.

Any reason he's going with those instead of a spotting scope?

He is likely only getting something like 10x after thinking about it more. He wants something a little easier to use within woods.

I have the leupold pinnacles 10x42 but I don't think they make them anymore. I would find out what model replaced them they are awesome!

I have leupold mojaves 10x50's very impressed with the glass and warranty. The old model was the Olympic I had trouble with the eye cups stripping out sent them back on a 10 yr old binoculars was upgraded to the new model free of charge.

He is likely only getting something like 10x after thinking about it more. He wants something a little easier to use within woods.

If he's not looking over 100-200 yards 8x or 10x would be fine. At 200 yards I can make out a buck and give you a general idea of how big he is (antler wise) but I can't quite tell you how many points he has. At 300 I can say it's a buck, but thats it.

As others and myself can attest, the mojave or acadias are great glass.