Big Horse Creek Farm

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Just got my scionwood from Big Horse Creek Farm and just have to say that for the second year in a row they sent some of the nicest wood I've ever bought. Located in North Caroline's Blue Ridge Mountains they specialize in southern apples but do have some that originated in New England & Canada. Bought some trees from them last fall and because of the small size of their trees last year due to a poor growing season they sent an apology & an extra tree. So just thought that I'd give them a little "free advertisement " for being a quality nursery. They also have an awesome website with pics and descriptions of their apples. www.bighorsecreekfarm.com

Most of my trees have come from them, and they seem like good people. Trees have always had excellent roots, and grew really fast. Orders have always been handled extremely well and processed very quickly.

All of my orders have been on trees they had left over in the fall. That works good if they have what you want, but their general method is for you to place the tree order early in the year and then receive your trees in the fall.

I agree that they have an awesome selection of scionwood I will give them a try next year as they have a tremendous amount of cider apples that I don't have yet :)