Atv or 3 point Boomless sprayer???

Garrett2006

5 year old buck +
Anyone have any plans for an ATV or 3 point hitch boomless sprayer. Looking for a good idea or set of plans that someone has made that works well to go off of. Needing details to what tip is best and pumps. Use a gauge or not? Even if it’s for an ATV, I can fabricate to be used on 3 point hitch. I’m thinking I can build cheaper than buying one. Would like to be able to re-fill it from a large creek or pond. With same pump that sprays. Haven’t found any good detailed plans online. Thanks!

The problem with creek or pond water is if you get dirt in your spray nozzle it will clog the nozzles doesn’t matter what type of pump you have

Yea was hoping to filter it before pump and and filter it after pump leaving to the nozzle, but might be more hassle if they keep getting clogged. Don’t have to have it set up like that, Getting water isn’t a problem. Still looking for a good write up or plans on one.

The other problem is that it will bind with some chemicals like glyphosate making it significantly less effective. Filtering won't help with this as it is at the molecular level. Look into water soluble AMS. It can be added to the tank and the minerals will bond with it before you add gly. I'm not sure what all effects it will have on other chemicals you might spray.

If you are going 3pt, I would consider a boom sprayer instead. A boom sprayer gives you much more precise control of what you are spraying. It is hard to keep an ATV at a constant speed so boomless is often just as good. You can and should calibrate a boom sprayer for a given pressure and tractor gear. You can also generally carry a lot more carrier on a tractor than an ATV.

I'm not sure if you can build one much cheaper than buying one but perhaps you can.

Best of luck,

Jack

I got a cycle country boomless nozzle