ATV sprayer

I have a 26 gallon northern tool sprayer with 4.0 GPM pump, boomless sprayer. Id like to get the sprayers set up with something more reliable and economical. The nozzles I have now are plastic and always need to be tightened or adjusted. Can some of you share the setup you use and what parts/nozzles you used? I spent some time using the search function and haven’t found much. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my last atv tow behind sprayer was a fimco 40/45 gallon, forget exact size
I added a larger pump, and I modified the boom, I added sections to each of the folding booms, and raised the boom, added the needed nozzle's
and then added a suspension like hanger system to keep things from bending when on ruff ground
this set up allowed me to still be able to fold the boom in keeping it very narrow
I was able to spray about 16 ft per pass, and I liked this set up over some of the boomless types I also had, as way less drift on days when winds would be higher than I would like to be in

I had a wireless ON/OFF
set up ran off a 12 power supply which was either a deep cell marine battery I had, or I could plug things into the 12 volt cig plug on my atv
Atv sat at property often for long periods of time, and wasn't big on running battery down if I didn;t need to use it to power sprayer!, thus why I had a main battery to run things, I could run about 15+ tanks without every needing to charge a battery

if I was to do again, I would go to a larger tank, and on a base with more ground clearance(taller tires)
other wise was very happy with this unit, ran it for about 10 yrs , maintaining about 16 acres of food plots

now have larger sprayer on site, so sold this one!

but was a very solid working unit for me, no complaints(well I did wish there was a drain in the tank that was actually at the lowest point, to make cleaning tank easier?, one on this model was about an inch or so above the bottom, and had pockets molded inside that always held some water no matter how you tilted ot tipped it)

but it always worked when I went to use it, I sure got my money's worth out if it, all the more so after I made the boom larger and higher!
carried extra nozzles and tips in a bag on it, but never really needed them, , they were AG tips, and available at most all farm stores, so easy to find if ever needed!

now I did have to clean tips and or screens in them once in a while(water I filled was some times drawn from a creek on site, so, got some dirt in tank now and then)
but that isn;t a big deal either takes just a few seconds if it happened!
if you ran clean water all the time, I doubt it would ever happen!

Attachments

• sprayer.jpg
    sprayer.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 26
I've got a 15 gallon tank on my 4 wheeler with a single boomless tip. I get about 12' / pass but overlap quite a bit to avoid green strips. It's not the fastest way to spray and the larger droplets from the boomless tip likely do cause me to run through chemical at a faster (less efficient) rate. However, the ease of use of the 15 gallon and boomless system offsets those negatives. Just finished spraying 20 acres of plots with my setup. Worked well.

You sprayed 20 acres of plots with a 15 gallon sprayer?

Ha. Yes I did. It did take several hours. I would fill the sprayer to the brim (actually holds 17-18 gallons I think) mixed with 36 ounces of 41% glyphosate. This seemed to cover about 3/4 - 1 acre pretty solidly (some overlap). The bulk of the plots are surrounding a creek with some clear water holes easily accessible. When the tank emptied I'd drive into the creek and using a 5 gallon bucket to scoop water I could mix and refill the tank in about 2-3 minutes.

Had I not had quick and easy access to refill my mixture it would have been much more of a pain. Also, probably important to note that I live on this property so taking an hour or two out of a handful of days was easy for me. If I had to travel to do this then efficiency would definitely be more important.