ATV brush cutter

That is a finishing mower

I've got my eye out for one of those within a reasonable distance of me. That's a good price compared to most I've been seeing and it looks to be in fairly good shape too.

There's a big difference in a finishing mower and brush cutter.

ok, trail mower

Lawn mower... ;)

I had the finishing mower and sold it. It cuts grass and that is about it. Thick weeds or trails it was a battle.

I had the finishing mower and sold it. It cuts grass and that is about it. Thick weeds or trails it was a battle.
Why was it a battle on trails? Can't imagine the grass and weeds would be that thick. I'm thinkning of scoring a used one for use on the lawn around my cabin and on my perimeter trails.

Why was it a battle on trails? Can't imagine the grass and weeds would be that thick. I'm thinkning of scoring a used one for use on the lawn around my cabin and on my perimeter trails.

Too rough. Bottomed out. I would think if your trails are smooth it could be OK.

Too rough. Bottomed out. I would think if your trails are smooth it could be OK.
Hmm, mine are flat and smooth now but my ATV traffic may rut them up a bit over time. Thanks

OH and the other thing I didn't like about it is that it didn't go high enough to cut clover without rain in the forcast if you know what I mean.

I had the same one and sold it to get the roughcut.....

I had the same one and sold it to get the roughcut.....
Have you noticed much difference with the rough cut? What about grass around the house, would the rough cut do alright for that? It doesn't have to look perfect.

OMG, I dont have to worry about hitting anything. With that trail mower, you better not hit a rock or a large stick.

The key ingredient to the roughcut mower is that it has a single swing away blade.... The trail mower has 2 fixed blades, which is a recipe for problems if you hit any fixed or large objects.

The roughcut is not designed to cut grass around the house. Its awful at it. It does exactly as it is named.... Rough cut.

OMG, I dont have to worry about hitting anything. With that trail mower, you better not hit a rock or a large stick.

The key ingredient to the roughcut mower is that it has a single swing away blade.... The trail mower has 2 fixed blades, which is a recipe for problems if you hit any fixed or large objects.

The roughcut is not designed to cut grass around the house. Its awful at it. It does exactly as it is named.... Rough cut.
Thanks for the explanation

Makes sense, I have the swisher 44" rough cut and it doesn't do much for grass, which is expected, but it does work on willows and saplings. Got it for a good deal too, so I don't feel too bad if I beat the pi$$ out of it.

I paid retail for mine and beat the living shit out of it every time. Mowed 4 acres of corn tuesday with it.
Love it!!!!

Ever have issues with having to tighten the nut after impacting a rough spot such as thick brush or sapling? The belt is a bear to change too from what I remember, I had to take the engine off to make room for the belt. Talk about frustrating..

Never had to take the motor off. I slide the belt through. Not simple... not impossible.
i have replaced 4 or 5.

Never tightened any nuts on it.

My only gripe is the shitty tongue. We had ours modified to be a bit more rugged.