Arrowhead and other historic/pre-historic collections

Geez looking back I forgot to put a pic of Bethany's artifact from this year. She's got a sharp eye, but was the last to get on the board this year. She stayed after it and kept tagging along on work days and crop scouts til she scored. Those kids find more than I do. I think having your eyes 3 feet closer to the ground must help.

20230520_110021.jpg20230520_110139.jpg

Geez looking back I forgot to put a pic of Bethany's artifact from this year. She's got a sharp eye, but was the last to get on the board this year. She stayed after it and kept tagging along on work days and crop scouts til she scored. Those kids find more than I do. I think having your eyes 3 feet closer to the ground must help.

View attachment 60778View attachment 60779

3’ closer and a few years younger don’t hurt! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a friend who watched a buck shed both antlers a couple of weeks ago, and saw another that had shed both sides the same weekend. Very early for here. Said both bucks looked healthy as can be. I wonder if drought could have something to do with it. I've already read shed dates were mostly generic unless undue health problems were an issue.

That seems really early. Do they typically drop this time for you? I see buck with antlers well into February usually.
This is the earliest I've found a shed, usually jan/feb here. I found a set on christmas day years ago, the only other december sheds I can think of.

View attachment 60778View attachment 60779
Tell Bethany congrats on a good find. I started hunting with a neighbor when I first moved here. The first and most important thing he taught me was always carry and use a forked stick. Walk through the site and just flip pieces out, flip, flip, flip....it will absolutely save your back on sites like these.20231222_093443_HDR.jpg20231222_093801.jpg

I found what I think is an acorn fossil. Anybody ever find one of those?