Apples conditions on limb

Little big horn

A good 3 year old buck
I have some Connell red, Cortland , and even liberty that I have for wildlife but I picked some of the best looking ones to bring home to eat but when I cut into them they have brownish to ciear spots in the white meat of the apples they are crisp but look like they are starting to rot ? we have had lots of rain lately and some 90 degree weather recently also any ideas ? im not able to post pics

Is it a worm track or water core?

Seems like a water core to me ? Areas in apple appear clear but some also have some brown blotchy areas I geuss I didn’t know of worms causing this there is some apple scab on some apples libertys look clean but there are other apples on trees that are wormy and rotting Learning as I go here !

Some apples taste better with watercore. My chestnut crabs are at that point and I should press another batch of cider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a water core to me ? Areas in apple appear clear but some also have some brown blotchy areas I geuss I didn’t know of worms causing this there is some apple scab on some apples libertys look clean but there are other apples on trees that are wormy and rotting Learning as I go here !
Do they look like this?

Attachments

• IMG_3724.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 29
yes that pretty close some worse than others

those pictures of water core is what I would say was the clear I saw in my apples along with brown but not as severe as those worse ones if that makes sense sprayed early in season twice with bonide orchard spray again trees for wildlife but we like to eat some too thanks

I see a little water coring. Mostly the brown looks like damage due to cottling moth. If you cut through the center of the core you should see the major damage caused by the moth larva. The lava eats its way into the core and eats the seeds. The apple dies from the inside out, turning brown as it dies.

If when you cut through, like Prof Kent advised, and verify it is not codling moth I would advise to have a soil or foliage analysis done. The picture you provided looks like a boron deficiency. The product "Solubor" contains 20 Boron and use according to the instructions on the label for your size operation. I would advise you split it between petal fall and July 1st application.

And I'd like to know is it actually is cottling moth damage or not.

And I'd like to know is it actually is cottling moth damage or not.
I am familiar with codling moth but have never heard of a "Cottling" moth. Is this a member of the Lepidopteron family I am not familiar with?

Same thing. I'm blaming it on my spell checker. :-)

Some apples taste better with watercore. My chestnut crabs are at that point and I should press another batch of cider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg my chestnut crab cider was sooooo good this but only got 2 gallons