All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple trees are in the ground

TMIL

5 year old buck +
I got my apple trees from Turkey Creek planted on Sunday. Very good looking trees, thick caliper and lots of roots. Surprisingly, I'm not too sore. I only had Sunday afternoon to do it, and the help I was promised backed out on me. Some people get all excited around hunting season and then don't give a crap the rest of the year!!

I'm happy to have the trees planted, though. I can't wait to watch them grow. And a rain shower is brewing in my area to boot!! Sorry no pictures, I was a one-man show.

Looking forward to your success TMIL!

"One man show" Thats how it always turns out with me at my place too... Good job getting them in the ground quick man!

smsmith: "you got nobody to blame or take credit for success or failure besides yourself. I kind of like that concept ;)"

couldn't agree more. i just started planting two years ago. year one i did it all myself. last year i had help but this year i'm back to going it alone; that way if something fails i know it's mine to own. help is good if it shares your level of passion, otherwise it's just an extra set of hands to potentially screw things up.

It's amazing how you hear the " woulda, shoulda, coulda " in the fall TMIL !! A few of us hear that in our camps too. Multiple members........... few actual " doers ".

I see Turkey Creek has some trees left over for sale. I would recommend to anyone that wants to get some trees in the ground this year to take him up on his offer. I am very, very happy with the trees I received. I wish I would have taken pictures to show you guys what they looked like. He did post some pictures on his facebook page of some trees he sent to another customer, and they looked pretty much just like mine, if you want to see what they look like.

I planted 10 this year, Keener Seedling, Sparger, Nova Spy, Kinnaird's Choice, and Liberty on MM106 and B118.
I already have on order for next year Liberty, Enterprise, Chestnut crab, Dolgo on MM106 and B118. Plus I have reserved Seckel and Olympic/Korean Giant pear as well.

TMIL now that you had some rest get your butt back out there and take some pics. We east coast guys are jealous as we won't be able to plant for another 2 or 3 weeks and we like pictures lol

Paul

TMIL now that you had some rest get your butt back out there and take some pics. We east coast guys are jealous as we won't be able to plant for another 2 or 3 weeks and we like pictures lol

Paul

With great respect, I 2nd these sentiments, get your @$$ out there.
embarrassed-chimpanzee.jpg

I'm jealous. We are forecasted to get freezing rain followed by 3+ inches of snow tonight.

I'm jealous. We are forecasted to get freezing rain followed by 3+ inches of snow tonight.

Dear God, i'm sorry, its supposed to rain here but now snow. Miserable. :'(