Apple tree care for fall?

SWIFFY

5 year old buck +
Im no expert with apple trees by any means. I have about 15 planted now that are from 1-4 yrs old, some are crabs, bought from a variety of places. I know in the past I have had trouble with "blight" maybe... where it looks like the south side of the tree basically burns and blackens. Is now the time to do something about that? Something with paint/water mix? I have all my trees caged with white tubes, tree mats, and mulch. What can I do to make sure they make it through winter and start strong next spring?

Thanks

Im no expert with apple trees by any means. I have about 15 planted now that are from 1-4 yrs old, some are crabs, bought from a variety of places. I know in the past I have had trouble with "blight" maybe... where it looks like the south side of the tree basically burns and blackens. Is now the time to do something about that? Something with paint/water mix? I have all my trees caged with white tubes, tree mats, and mulch. What can I do to make sure they make it through winter and start strong next spring?

Thanks
Send pictures!

Most of them are just fine and young trees in great shape. Im just curious if theres something I should be doing do to good trees to keep them that way?

I can try to get some pics of the damage that occurred last year. Most of those branches I cut off this spring.