Anyone Seeing This also?

I've skinned all kinds of animals before - I trapped for years - and the stinkiest, foulest smelling thing I ever came across was a opossum. I've watched those things feast on bear crap, coon crap, fox crap, and all sorts of vile road-kill that a fox would puke over. The smell of skunk doesn't bother me as much as opossum. I know people eat them too, but I don't think there's been enough BBQ sauce or meat marinade concocted since the dawn of time to get me to try that critter !!

Phil - it sounds to me like you need your own " out there " gamey cooking show like that guy on T.V. that travels the world trying snakes, drinking sheep blood and the like. You have groundhog cooking down to a gourmet delicacy !! Coon innards too. Remember HEE - HAW ??? " Hey Grandpa - what's for supper ??? "

I can't stand opossums....or space rats or grinners as we call them. They flip the "kill switch" for me. Whenever I see one....I'd rather it be dead....and I'd be more then willing to help make that happen.

I remember Hee Haw....some of my earliest memories of TV.

Hahaha....I've been told I could be on "Bizarre Foods" with Andrew Zimmern. I like food, I like to try new food, and there isn't much I wouldn't try at least once. Back when I was in my early 20's a buddy of mine and I went through a "phase" of killing and cooking every sort of critter we could....just to see what was good and what was not. I haven't had much in the way of "extreme cuisine" in the last few years. Last wood chuck i had was about 3 yrs ago.

NOBODY watched Hee-haw for grandpa..............I may have been just a kid, but even at a young age I could appreciate the eye candy;)

Made me want to go hang out in the corn!
Yup, gave a kid a whole new appreciation for buttoned down, tied up at the waist flannel shirts!;):D

My wife wore a flannel shirt tucked into jeans the other day. I kept thinking she was looking damn fine. I couldn't figure out why a flannel would catch my attention like that. This thread just made it clear as can be. I think the early influence of Hee Haw honeys is why she looked even better than usual.

I used to watch that show with my Grandpa. I remember that very well. I also remember sleeping on his couch and I would wake up to him watching Johnny Carson. I'd stay awake and watch with him. I couldn't have been but 6 or 7 years old.

My wife wore a flannel shirt tucked into jeans the other day. I kept thinking she was looking damn fine. I couldn't figure out why a flannel would catch my attention like that. This thread just made it clear as can be. I think the early influence of Hee Haw honeys is why she looked even better than usual.

I used to watch that show with my Grandpa. I remember that very well. I also remember sleeping on his couch and I would wake up to him watching Johnny Carson. I'd stay awake and watch with him. I couldn't have been but 6 or 7 years old.
Grandpa was old - not dead!

I grew up watching Johnny. I remember when Jay filled in on Tuesdays at first.

Johnny's timing and whit were second to none. RIP

Never watched Hee Haw, but I've heard of it.

Now that's^^^ funny!

Note to self - visit Kentucky and search around cornfields, barns and local country watering holes. Native's on to something !!!

Note to self - visit Kentucky and search around cornfields, barns and local country watering holes. Native's on to something !!!

LOL, first time I ever saw that show I wondered why they were putting our family reunion on National Television.:D

Back to the weather......The snow here is nearly gone! It's soggy as all get-out, and some snow lingers in the shadows, but for the most part in my area you can see the ground!

Snow should be gone by the weekend by our cabin. Trying to convince the wife for me and oldest to head up this weekend and start doing stuff even though it wasn't planned.

I got yelled at yesterday for "Trapesing mud" all thru the house. Like I said - it's squishy outside :D

I got sarcastic and said I wasn't trapesing, I was waltzing! She was NOT amused. Apparently I missed the point of her comment ;)

I got yelled at yesterday for "Trapesing mud" all thru the house. Like I said - it's squishy outside :D

I got sarcastic and said I wasn't trapesing, I was waltzing! She was NOT amused. Apparently I missed the point of her comment ;)

I'll take some pictures when I get up there and show you an advanced stage of "squishy" looks like. :)

I'll take some pictures when I get up there and show you an advanced stage of "squishy" looks like. :)

I was at my folks yesterday - only 30 minutes of so from my place. And they had squishy as well. The house sits essentially on a knoll of grey clay so water drainage is basically non-existent.

I remember as a kid (high school) I dug a hole when they talked about building and I told dad - I said I wouldn't if I was you. I hit nothing but grey clay after about 2" of top soil. It was like clay you used in school! The top soil was because it was used as a pasture. But I was just a dumb kid that didn't know any better (state finalist of FFA soil judging twice apparently doesn't mean anything). Sure enough guess who has to run a sump pump in a crawl space? Guess who had issue with the septic leach field? Guess who has a really soggy yard that then turns to concrete? Guess who can't get stuff to grow without bringing in topsoil? Guess who got a lesson in why you don't build on a site dominated with clay soils?

My place drains real well - mine is soggy simply because of the amount of moisture - I won't be soggy for long.:)

I was at my folks yesterday - only 30 minutes of so from my place. And they had squishy as well. The house sits essentially on a knoll of grey clay so water drainage is basically non-existent.

I remember as a kid (high school) I dug a hole when they talked about building and I told dad - I said I wouldn't if I was you. I hit nothing but grey clay after about 2" of top soil. It was like clay you used in school! The top soil was because it was used as a pasture. But I was just a dumb kid that didn't know any better (state finalist of FFA soil judging twice apparently doesn't mean anything). Sure enough guess who has to run a sump pump in a crawl space? Guess who had issue with the septic leach field? Guess who has a really soggy yard that then turns to concrete? Guess who can't get stuff to grow without bringing in topsoil? Guess who got a lesson in why you don't build on a site dominated with clay soils?

My place drains real well - mine is soggy simply because of the amount of moisture - I won't be soggy for long.:)

Stick the knife in and turn it why don't you! :D

I tolerate drouts really well!

Stick the knife in and turn it why don't you! :D

I tolerate drouts really well!

It's my dad - he has a shoulder injury and he has lost a step - I can take him now!:D He is only 18 years older than me and worked night shift until I was in college so he was more like a much older brother than a father. The only time he ever laid a hand on me I think it hurt him more than it did me. So we have a very different father/son relationship than most. And besides - I'm the good kid.

My mother - yea I don't screw with mom - she knows how to hurt you, and she will!:eek:

My place is squishy on top of frozen yesterday afternoon. Soon it will be all squishy on top of squishy.