Anyone know what EXP DM19 seed is?

eclipseman

5 year old buck +
I just received an email for Whitetail institute on a deal. If you buy two bags of Winter greens then you get a free bag of the EXP DM19 seed (1/3 acres worth) which apparently is a perennial seed that deer love. I'm hesitant to plant a perennial without knowing what it is as I don't want to plant something which is hard to get rid of. If anyone knows what seed this is I would appreciate the info. thanks!

Website says WINA brassica what ever that is.
Even on sale you’d be way ahead of the game to plant purple top turnips, Dwarf Essex rape seed and a dakion or groundhog radish. There won’t be a deer on the bag, but there will be more green left in your pocket..

Even on sale you’d be way ahead of the game to plant purple top turnips, Dwarf Essex rape seed and a dakion or groundhog radish. There won’t be a deer on the bag, but there will be more green left in your pocket..
Wina is what is in their winter greens I thought is how I read it. The other stuff is a perennial.

Wina is what is in their winter greens I thought is how I read it. The other stuff is a perennial.

I see that now. I miss read your post. Curiosity got the best of me so I called to ask what I’d be planting as an experimental seed. It’s (all special of coarse) chicory, clover and a new secret special forb (?.?). I wouldn’t be an experiment for a company that ain’t up front about what your releasing on you farm...

Just for kicks I checked prices.
Winter greens $11.98/lb

Welters
Purple top $2.65/lb
Groundhog radish $2.20/lb
DER “rape seed” $1.80/lb
Forb feast chicory $6/lb
Ladino white clover 3.95/lb

they can't sell a seed without telling you what it is on the label., no way of controlling introduction into states like Kommiefornia that may not allow it.

they can't sell a seed without telling you what it is on the label., no way of controlling introduction into states like Kommiefornia that may not allow it.

Well I didn’t push the issue but they weren’t offering up the new forb. Maybe there’s a tag on the bag.

WINA = Whitetail Institute of North America

They are telling you that it is a perennial "test seed mix"

1559732264515.png

so, 12 lbs of seed, enough to plant 1.3 acres for 72 bux shipped, better be some awesome stuff, or I want a copy of the video of the sponsored hunters on their red stag hunt in New Zealand.

Exp= experimental

19 = obviously 2019

DM = ???

Daikon radish Mix? Not perennial.
Dandelion Mix?
Who knows....

Forage plantain seems to be a new "hot" planting

$72.00 for 1 1/3 acres doesn't seem too bad if you don't need to compliment it with other products to get a decent crop coverage. Wonder what everyone's average cost per acre is when planting other crops?

Exp= experimental

19 = obviously 2019

DM = ???

Daikon radish Mix? Not perennial.
Dandelion Mix?
Who knows....
DM. Deer mix

Sounds like "test seed" means - you test the seed to see if it still germinates / we are getting rid of old stock and blending with something cheap we know will green up but telling you its a bonus item... very few places give seed away "free" especially with a advertised campaign - no such thing as experimental when it comes to mass production or products only profit or no profit.

Last edited:
I think last year, I used a 50lb bag wr, 15 bux, 5 lb ptt at 4 bux a lb, 5lb med red clover at 4 bux, so about 55 bux an acre and I knew exactly what I planted.

and the med red should be good for 3 to 5, maybe more years.

Welter's "big buck brassica mix" in the 2019 catalog for $2.50 per lb. has Dwarf Essex rape, purple top turnips, Ground Hog radishes, and Pasja hybrid brassica in it. We've been using it for the past 3 years and got heavy usage by the deer. Radish tops get hit first, then the rape and Pasja brassica. Turnip bulbs and radish bulbs get used very late fall and in the winter. 8 lbs. for $20 - enough for an acre.