Alice white clover

Yarg

5 year old buck +
I spread about 2 lb Alice white clover with WR last Labor Day and never terminated the winter Rye... Last week I did a very light gly application to setback the weeds and grasses. As I probably didn't utilize enough WR.. it was a very wet spring so I never mowed the wr as planned in June and then it turned really hot and I think the standing Rye helped there. The deer have been really using it and it took a lot of pressure off the beans immediately adjacent. I can't compare to other clovers as this is my first Clover plot but this section of ground is heavy clay and very wet poorly drained so this one is performing well for me

Attachments

• 15345303023771974569743.jpg
    15345303023771974569743.jpg
    926.7 KB · Views: 57
Alice is to northern plotters what Durana is to southern guys. One of the best for a northern perennial clover, very winter hardy and can stand a bit of wetness as well. Not as good as alsike clover in really wet conditions, but my observation is that deer prefer it much more than alsike.

Alice is to northern plotters what Durana is to southern guys. One of the best for a northern perennial clover, very winter hardy and can stand a bit of wetness as well. Not as good as alsike clover in really wet conditions, but my observation is that deer prefer it much more than alsike.
Love hearing this!! I actually Just ordered 4# of it a couple hours ago.

Deep in a Dbltree thread once, when pressed, Paul narrowed it down to Alice as probably his favorite white clover.

Alice works great in the south also, it’s several dollars a pound cheaper than Durana and is the only white clover I’ve planted the last 5 or so years.

Alice has done well for us in north-central Pa. on an old farmstead located on a ridge top. Clayish - loam soil that drains pretty well. FWIW.