Ahead of schedule is rare and feels so good!

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
As some of you will recall, starting in December last year my work took me off the grid so to speak. I didn't have time to finish deer hunting, upland bird hunting, winter pruning, winter scouting, turkey hunting, or spring annual food plots. In fact none of it even got started! In about June of this year I resurfaced and starting working on the farm, the house, the building, fall food plots and stands. Well I have to say I checked, double strapped and tweeked 10 stands today and am going to do 10 more tomorrow and I will be ready for season. Plots are all planted, mowed, sprayed and I can literally shut the farm down for the next 5-6 weeks except for trail cams. I bet it has been 10 years or more since I have been this ready for fall. It really feels strange ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So what's your secret? How did you do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked 1.5 years worth of work in 7 months and have not worked a great deal since June.

attaboy

bill

Well good for you......

I still have time, but I need to start getting stands up and plots overseeded.......Labor day weekend tends to be real busy for me with that sort of work.

I'm with you WTNUT - with the exception of spreading a little urea I'm pretty much done for the year. Stay off the farm until about the 3rd week of October and hope for a big one is the plan now!

I might have to mess with the new cellular cameras a little more, but not much.

Bring on fall!

-John

I'm with you WTNUT - with the exception of spreading a little urea I'm pretty much done for the year. Stay off the farm until about the 3rd week of October and hope for a big one is the plan now!

I might have to mess with the new cellular cameras a little more, but not much.

Bring on fall!

-John

I am with you. We have killed more big bucks 160 plus between October 18 and October 23 after letting the farm set empty with no hunting or work after September 1 than all other hunting days combined! I do not have sufficient cellular service to run cell cameras so I will have to check cameras but I have a pretty good system of checking cameras that works for me.