Adjusting Bow Draw Weight!

But what to get? I like my DXT because it is only 30" axle to axle. Is there anything out there that compact?

Whip is right, many companies make a compact bow now a days. Shoot them all.

Last year's Mathews Halon 6 is 30" axle to axle. With the Halon 6, you could drop the poundage to 55lbs and be fairly close to the speed of a DXT at 70lbs, assuming all things being equal.

Check out the new Elite bows! 90+% let off!
Crazy
Will try an find the vid I watched on one the other day

This what you need for the OL carpenters shoulders Mo!

I got a scale, its in MN! I am down here.

No I meant bow with 90% let off!
Here is another option an what we got my dad couple months back

I saw this video awhile back and I posted I think I could do the same thing with my Elite "Hunter". It still freaks me out when I am at full draw and try to let down without releasing the arrow.

Post whatever you end up getting.

Bought a kids bow today. A bowtek Diamond or edge I think? My DXT was still at 71lbs and he could only take it down to 59lbs. Still could not pull it back! This new bow is set at 50lbs. It has unreal let off. I can pull and hold it easily. I shot it at the bow shop a dozen times, got home, shot it twice and the peep fell out. Going back there tomorrow afternoon to get that reinstalled.

But did find out what my shoulder trouble is, a torn rotator? that sound right?

Yep. Tore mine 12 years ago, not worth fixing. The rehab sucks and you wont gain anything. Decades of excessive hand use.:)

Mine was from catching myself falling off a grain bin roof. Came close to having real problems.

A guy at work had his tore. About 6 months ago he had surgery for it. He's still not fully back to where he was before the surgery. He's doing a lot of rehab but it does't seam to be doing much. I had a knee replaced as was fully back to work in less then 3 months.

I had a frayed rotater cuff, torn labrum, four bone Spurs and a subachromial decompression on my left shoulder in 2000. The rehab was long and challenging. It was 14 months before I could fully extend my arm again, BUT...at this point I'm glad I went through it. A significant injury needs to be repaired. I can't imagine the quality of life I'd be having right now without the repair. I had dislocated it partially and it popped back in on its own. It took a year of "toughing it out" before I had surgery. I regretted the surgery for another year but now I couldn't be happier that I had it fixed.