Acorns dropping

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I wandered out to my orchard to take a bite into a few different apples, and the oak trees are dropping pretty heavy already. I usually see mid August, so not sure why they are dropping so early.

5096C3D4-3296-4EE6-9AC7-1EC473A3DA9C.jpeg

Drought stress up there??

It has been a very dry spring, summer,

Saturday I was up working in the woods. We got about 1" of rain. That seemed to knock some acorns on the ground. Very heavy crop of red oak acorns on about 50% of my trees. I see those red oak leaves laying there. Did you have wind that knocked them off?? A few of my trees look like they have several 55 gallon drums of acorns per tree.

Those acorns don’t really look mature to me I wonder if the trees aren’t just aborting them do to drought stress as previously mentioned.

They were small, and we did get some rain, about a half inch, and maybe 25 mph wind, nothing major. Everything seems to split, or go just south, or just north of me.

Those acorns don’t really look mature to me I wonder if the trees aren’t just aborting them do to drought stress as previously mentioned.
This, imo.
My reds drop little immature acorns every summer.

Looks like a storm blew them out, high winds lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got hail bigger than a golfball about a week ago. Cornfield and bean fields shredded, most of the apples knocked to the ground. Thankfully it was a narrow band and not to wide spread.