A little help from you bear experts

Judging bears off trailcam pics is tricky, we run cameras on all of our baits and still check the tracks in the sand for conformation. I would say that big bear is well over 450, but I sure wouldn't want to bait that site, WOW talk about stink!

awesome story... I love it!!! WY??? Wow!!! That's nuts!!! Good luck on the drag!!! hahahaha It's definitely a big bear..

If you have any fruit trees, your best bet is to put out a pan of antifreeze.

I would NEVER EVER put out a pan of ANTIFREEZE!!! That advice could kill LOTS of things including NON targets!! I really hope to stop the spread of people putting poison out in the woods. It really doesn't belong in the woods. Not only will you kill bears but any animal that comes in contact with the anti freeze. I really don't like that advice and I really hope people act like stewards of the land and the animals that inhabit it.

If you have any fruit trees, your best bet is to put out a pan of antifreeze.

That is just wrong in so many ways. If you are having problems with bear there are ways to prevent the problems, other than putting poison (antifreeze) out. By the way I am sure you could get yourself in big trouble with the law.

Bigmike, what does this have to do with anything about this thread. That idea is just way wrong.

That was a joke. On a serious note, if you have fruit trees, bears and fruit trees don't mix. I've lost dozens of trees to bear damage. Bears are destructive. We used to be excited when we got pictures. Now we cringe knowing they are around. Years of hard work and $ down the drain.

That was a joke. On a serious note, if you have fruit trees, bears and fruit trees don't mix. I've lost dozens of trees to bear damage. Bears are destructive. We used to be excited when we got pictures. Now we cringe knowing they are around. Years of hard work and $ down the drain.

No harm / no foul Mike. Sometimes we post without considering the message we give. Of course, I've never been guilty of this. :rolleyes:;)

Gotcha Mike. I too would hate to have bears around my plots/trees. Thanks for the followup.