A Frankentree video

greyphase

5 year old buck +
While laying around recovering from kidney stone surgery I found this video on YouTube. This guy is located in northern California and if you search through his videos has a couple other interesting ones on apples.

When I watch that I think "disease disease disease". I worry about disease when I have one disease resistant variety much less one with over 100 varieties on it!

Many fewer issues with disease in areas with more arid climates

Very very true! I keep hearing the name "California" ringing through my head like an echo in a train tunnel. I am not a fan of arid climates, but I would like to worry less about disease :)

Also keep in mind that this isn't something you put out in the back 40 for deer. It is likely this is in the backyard and can be cared for and babied on a daily basis if needed.

Grey

Here's to a quick and less painful recovery. I had that done about 5 years ago. It was a painful month. They made me wait a month for the surgery. When the doctor told me if I'd been there yesterday he would've done the surgery but, now you have to wait two more weeks I was about over the edge. Try to drink lots of water when you're doing outdoor activities in the future. I was bad about that years ago.

Hey NH

I'm on the mend. Only had to wait two weeks for surgery and had the stent taken out yesterday. They said it might burn as they pulled the stent out:eek::mad: They were right. Feeling much better today already. I'll be ready for fall planting soon if we get some rain.

Not sure what they call what they did to me but, I lied down on a table and they put this vibrating device on my side. Next thing I know it was done. Peed red for a day or two but, they pain was gone. I guess the ultrasonically broke it up. The only bad thing was waiting a month.

You'll be ready to roll soon.

They had to operate on me. They went in where no man wants anything run in with a small tube and some other instrument and crushed the stone. The stone was too big to pass and couldn't break it up with the vibrating gizmo. The stent was a tube about 1 1/2 feet long that run from my kidney to my bladder. Several women who had had babies and kidney stones said they would take having a baby anytime over a kidney stone.:eek: Had the same procedure done 12 years ago.

I had extra scion last spring so I grafted different varieties on several young wild apple trees. It's just so hard to let good scion go to waste :D. Have plans to graft some more with a mixture of disease resistant varieties like Williams Pride, Priscilla for early apples, Liberty, Enterprise for mid season and Gold Rush for late apples all on one tree.

I'm actually trying to do this next year on an old overgrown crabapple of some sort. The best way I can describe its form is to say imagine it as a spider. I won't go that crazy with varieties, but I think that 2 or 3 varieties would be very doable.