9 CWD Commenters We Can Ignore

And it continues: https://deerassociation.com/cwd-drains-deer-dollars-it-doesnt-generate-them/
Notice right away..."cwd deniers". I know of no one who denies it exists. As for the $.. someone gets that money in the end. It's "draining" so they're asking for more $.
Ive met several people who thing CWD is a conspiracy by insurance companies to reduce deer herds. You can go on almost any hunting forum right now and find threads about CWD where people deny that it exists.

Your argument fits almost perfectly into the broken window fallacy.

With that said, I'm not sure there's any amount of evidence that's going to convince everyone One way or another on whether or not CWD is lethal and can be managed. In the meantime, I don't mind making minor sacrifices so long as attempts are made at better research and communicating the results regardless of their outcome.

The Missouri Department of Conservation sent out a survey on CWD this week. Auburn University is compiling the results, but the questions clearly wanted to identify hunter and land manager understanding, including those QDM practices that are at odds with CWD management. Overall I am pleased with our state response to CWD given how little we knew when it was first discovered a decade ago in Missouri.

I'm waiting for CWD to show up in Southern Iowa. Then the real fireworks will begin.

They are destroying the age class of the best mule deer state (CO) in the name of cwd..

Ive met several people who thing CWD is a conspiracy by insurance companies to reduce deer herds. You can go on almost any hunting forum right now and find threads about CWD where people deny that it exists.

Your argument fits almost perfectly into the broken window fallacy.

With that said, I'm not sure there's any amount of evidence that's going to convince everyone One way or another on whether or not CWD is lethal and can be managed. In the meantime, I don't mind making minor sacrifices so long as attempts are made at better research and communicating the results regardless of their outcome.

Not sure how my argument fits almost perfectly into the broken window fallacy, at all. I'm not pushing for it so it helps anybody. Or our economy.

While there are those who deny cwd, the author, and the one from the previous article, are covering way more people than that.

The Missouri Department of Conservation sent out a survey on CWD this week. Auburn University is compiling the results, but the questions clearly wanted to identify hunter and land manager understanding, including those QDM practices that are at odds with CWD management. Overall I am pleased with our state response to CWD given how little we knew when it was first discovered a decade ago in Missouri.

What has been their response? I mentioned this before..one of the things that is mind-boggling to me is that they're not pushing to ban the sale of salt/mineral licks etc., just the use of them. Not even requiring or just requesting big notices by such products, etc. Not everyone knows the laws. Not everyone hunts or reads magazines etc that would cover it. I mean if it's THAT serious.

What has been their response? I mentioned this before..one of the things that is mind-boggling to me is that they're not pushing to ban the sale of salt/mineral licks etc., just the use of them. Not even requiring or just requesting big notices by such products, etc. Not everyone knows the laws. Not everyone hunts or reads magazines etc that would cover it. I mean if it's THAT serious.
Just like all the no bait states that sell deer corn and mineral bags at every tractor supply and Walmart. It’s serious enough to manipulate the herd for someone’s benefit but not serious enough to affect the retailers pocketbook. Holla at me when we start seeing fields full of dead deer from cwd. Until then it’s a nonfactor. EHD is infinitely worse thus far.

Just like all the no bait states that sell deer corn and mineral bags at every tractor supply and Walmart. It’s serious enough to manipulate the herd for someone’s benefit but not serious enough to affect the retailers pocketbook. Holla at me when we start seeing fields full of dead deer from cwd. Until then it’s a nonfactor. EHD is infinitely worse thus far.

I've actually looked at land for sale in different areas- was looking in non-cwd counties. (btw.."non-cwd" meaning none found yet but CWD is SO serious we'll let baiting etc continue there) Then I looked at some of the cwd counties and look at the numbers- 9 found all year in over 4k tested in one. Many are like that- most under 100.- usually a lot more tested.

I would assume that the results will be published online and in the Missouri Conservationist once available. The survey went out this week.

I own land in an intense CWD zone in Wisconsin. I’ve owned the land for about seven years. I believe it’s about 40 percent that test positive in this area. This area is also one of the higher deer density areas in the state. I’ve found three dead deer on my land over the course of seven years. One of those was an archery gutshot. The other two were very close to the road and I believe were hit by cars. I can’t help but believe that if CWD was so fatal I’d see more dead deer and also the population would have declined but the population is robust and finding a dead deer that I haven’t shot on my property very seldom happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I own land in an intense CWD zone in Wisconsin. I’ve owned the land for about seven years. I believe it’s about 40 percent that test positive in this area. This area is also one of the higher deer density areas in the state. I’ve found three dead deer on my land over the course of seven years. One of those was an archery gutshot. The other two were very close to the road and I believe were hit by cars. I can’t help but believe that if CWD was so fatal I’d see more dead deer and also the population would have declined but the population is robust and finding a dead deer that I haven’t shot on my property very seldom happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Your story mirrors a good buddy of mine. Same deal, cwd area in Wisconsin. Zero dead deer in years.

I can say that our land is also in south central Wisconsin and part of Sauk county. The last 3 of our 4 bucks have come back positive.( that's 2 4.5 year olds and a 3.5 year old)We also had a 4.5 yr old that looked healthy all summer and fall. Once mid December came, he started looking sickly. By Christmas he had shed both sides and we found him dead January 6th. He was positive. We find 1 or 2 dead deer every spring and normally at least 1 is a good buck based on pedicale size.
Our numbers are very healthy for deer and age class but yes cwd is around and it seems to kill some deer.

I can say that our land is also in south central Wisconsin and part of Sauk county. The last 3 of our 4 bucks have come back positive.( that's 2 4.5 year olds and a 3.5 year old)We also had a 4.5 yr old that looked healthy all summer and fall. Once mid December came, he started looking sickly. By Christmas he had shed both sides and we found him dead January 6th. He was positive. We find 1 or 2 dead deer every spring and normally at least 1 is a good buck based on pedicale size.
Our numbers are very healthy for deer and age class but yes cwd is around and it seems to kill some deer.

Do you eat the CWD positive deer?

Do you eat the CWD positive deer?
I have not yet no, my cousin has. The local Amish routinely shoot 5-10 deer a family and haven't had any deer tested for cwd and they are all living yet.

I have not yet no, my cousin has. The local Amish routinely shoot 5-10 deer a family and haven't had any deer tested for cwd and they are all living yet.
I wouldn't either even though there's no evidence of any issues that i'm aware of.

At some point, it hurts hunting when we can no longer eat what we kill with a clean conscience.

What response? "Kill them before they die!" Eliminate antler restrictions, lay waste to every deer you can over corn piles and bait.