6.5 creedmore?

I love it @Foggy47!

Creating stuff that truly has become standard equipment for reloaders and shooters.

And Hornady was smart enough to buy it!
Yep.....it didn't start out that way. Before Jason Hornady went back to work at the family biz.....he was my (independent) Sales Rep with a firm called Duncan Lewis. Jason was the best Rep in the biz.....bar none.....and he was instrumental in selling many of our products to the biggest in the biz. There were a series of companies gobbling up other companies at that time......and Jason had just gone back to the family business......and my product were now owned by Bushnell after they bought Uncle Mikes.....whom had bought Stoney. Hornady Came for a meeting with Bushnell at my old building in MN. I was there as a consultant as they negotiated the purchase of some of my old product line. I had already been paid a few years earlier....but those companies did not belong with this product line and they new it.

Previously, Jason and I had made several sales calls together and had been on a few hunting trips too (elk and antelope). We knew each other quite well....and spent some time at industry shows and events. Good people.

Hornady made a low offer.....and it was all I could do to not increase the offer and buy it back. But I did not want to go back to work......and resisted in order to stay retired. I am glad Hornady owns the product line and they were a good fit for it. Jason remains a good friend.....but we have not spoke in many years.

The first 1000 tools I made had to be replaced.....as the wall thickness at the threaded juncture as too thin.....and became too weak with some use. I think we replaced about 900 of the first 1000 we sold. That could have ruined the product had we not taken hold quickly.....found a remedy.......and made a needed design change.

Proud to say that design has now lasted over 30+ years and is still the standard.....these years later.

Last edited: