2nd deer to date

Bszweda

5 year old buck +
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG

This is my second deer to date. It definitely was a magical day in the woods for me. After shooting my buck I watched a flock of turkeys come onto my property from the harvest soybean field. I knew exactly where they liked to cross from watching them on Tuesday from another stand. I thought I'd have a good opportunity to bush whack one, so I walked my creek hoping to get in position, but I ended up just missing them as when I peaked around the creek bend I saw the last two turkeys had already crossed and were walking up the ridge in the opposite direction. I was going to try and follow the creek and get in front of them, when all of a sudden a forker almost walks into me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats

You almost had a twofer.

great shot and congrats on your 2nd deer

Would that have been a Rage broadhead?! Nothing says dead deer like a "axe" wound! Great job on the deer.

Would that have been a Rage broadhead?! Nothing says dead deer like a "axe" wound! Great job on the deer.

I was going to say the same thing!

Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats!!

Congrats to your second of many

Congrats!

I was going to say the same thing!

Yeah rage hypodermic they hit hard. My arrow passed though but the fletching seemed to snag on the way out. Iam not sure if it's penetration issue.(60 pound bow)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great deer - good for you.

Great job!

My Illinois deer! I made a bad shot and didn't want to push him. Unfortunately the coyotes found him first. Buck was chasing a doe hard and I had to yell STOP to get him to stop.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    704.5 KB · Views: 15