All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1985 Bolens Iseki g152 Or 2023 jd x330

hunts_with_stick

5 year old buck +
Me again, I was all set to by the jd when I came across the bolens, which is a diesel, with low miles on it. I guess the guy repaired the steering and a couple of other things, sounds like it is a work horse, I would need to buy some lawn cutting attachment though. the jd comes with a 4 year /300 hour bumper to bumper warranty. In the end they will likely cost the same. I’m really just looking to cut a smallish field. not sure, but likly that I could find other uses for it. Just looking for opinions.

Is there a dealer close by to get parts from?

That’s what always sways me. John Deere is everywhere. I use new holland but I’ve got a dealer within an hour.

From what I remember the JD should be hydrostatic drive. The Bolens not sure. If mowing a lawn I would not ever, ever go back to a gear drive. So much faster with hydrostatic unless you never back up. My .02

Buy the jd. Not even close in quality. My dad had bought a used iseki with a loader bucket before he bought his deere. The iseki was terrible. It was super light,controls were not smooth, and it was almost impossible to get a good bucket full of dirt cause the tires would spin so bad.He had it only about a month before sold it.

Thanks a bunch! Great info, going with the jd.

Got the jd330. Absolutely love it. It is a beast. My field,was about 12” high and it handled it like a pro. Lots of prickers in there with no issues. Thanks for all the advice.