1985 Bolens Iseki g152 Or 2023 jd x330

hunts_with_stick

5 year old buck +
Me again, I was all set to by the jd when I came across the bolens, which is a diesel, with low miles on it. I guess the guy repaired the steering and a couple of other things, sounds like it is a work horse, I would need to buy some lawn cutting attachment though. the jd comes with a 4 year /300 hour bumper to bumper warranty. In the end they will likely cost the same. I’m really just looking to cut a smallish field. not sure, but likly that I could find other uses for it. Just looking for opinions.

Is there a dealer close by to get parts from?

That’s what always sways me. John Deere is everywhere. I use new holland but I’ve got a dealer within an hour.

From what I remember the JD should be hydrostatic drive. The Bolens not sure. If mowing a lawn I would not ever, ever go back to a gear drive. So much faster with hydrostatic unless you never back up. My .02

Buy the jd. Not even close in quality. My dad had bought a used iseki with a loader bucket before he bought his deere. The iseki was terrible. It was super light,controls were not smooth, and it was almost impossible to get a good bucket full of dirt cause the tires would spin so bad.He had it only about a month before sold it.

Thanks a bunch! Great info, going with the jd.

Got the jd330. Absolutely love it. It is a beast. My field,was about 12” high and it handled it like a pro. Lots of prickers in there with no issues. Thanks for all the advice.