Yeti making a stupid decision

Too late now, the word is out. It was on every hunting forum. Just a poor choice. RTIC is a nice alternative.

Pelican is also a nice alternative to YETI with the bonus being that Pelican coolers are made in the USA. They also will be donating money to the NRA for every cooler sold in April. .

It looks like YETI could have consciously or unconsciously decided they no longer want to support the NRA. It is hard to tell since the companies' statements are so diametrically opposed to each other. It may have been intentional or it may have been very bad timing on their part to do away with their discounting program which included the NRA.

I got the same response to my email to them. Spin control at it's best. You can put lipstick on a pig but......... I have Pelican products although not any coolers and really like them.

Pelican is also a nice alternative to YETI with the bonus being that Pelican coolers are made in the USA. They also will be donating money to the NRA for every cooler sold in April. .

It looks like YETI could have consciously or unconsciously decided they no longer want to support the NRA. It is hard to tell since the companies' statements are so diametrically opposed to each other. It may have been intentional or it may have been very bad timing on their part to do away with their discounting program which included the NRA.

That is awesome that Pelican has stepped up and supports the NRA like that!

YETI is also made in the USA and Philapines, I think they have plants in IA and WI... I still think they shot themselves in the foot with the NRA fiasco and the botched up back handed explanation. They deserve the sales drop they are going to get.