Yeti making a stupid decision

Neither will I.

Me neither.

I just wrote yeti explaining my disdain for their choice and suggested I would never buy from them again. More folks like use need to make that point to these ppl.

My mom wrote them this morning after I saw this thread and told her about it. She has written Rachel Rey and lots of others. Don't get on gramma's bad side. Just another snowflake company.

What email address, Doohop?

I bought a YETI cooler for a trip to Florida wife & I took 4 weeks ago.

Very un-impressed with the $400 cooler. Saw no difference between our standard $50 cooler.

With this current move, just another hype junk company praying on idjets!

Last product I will ever buy from them ...

I've actually had great luck with my yetti coolers. But I'll stop buying them after this. There's a plastics company about 30 miles south of me that makes various products for a few company's. Both the yetti and (former) gander mountain brand coolers are replicas of each other I've been told by the guys that work there, I always paid the couple extra bucks for yetti 'bling' now I'll find a simular cooler for future purchases

Can't say that I ever would have bought one anyway, but now I definitely won't patronize those tools. There are better coolers out there anyway.

I bet Hillary LOVES Yeti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emailed Yeti letting them know myself or my wife will NEVER buy one of their products.

Have not purchsed a Yeti, but the rtic coolers are very similar, and love mine.

Well I hope their major retail outlet is Dick's.....that will kill 2 birds with one stone!

Real stupid move, RTIC has a white Yeti knock off for half price, I have one, nice product.

YETI was cutting edge and way ahead of curve when they first came out, I’ve got the Tundra 75 and it keeps stuff real cold for days on end. We use the 30oz tumblers a lot too. Top end high quality products that are pricy.
That said, the bone head move with the NRA I’ll never buy from them again.
Plenty of other roto molded coolers on the market now at half the price, tumblers at a third the price.

Yeti tumblers are a very old technology. Decades old. I found some old vacuum insulated water bottles in China from the 1950s.

I think their coolers are similarly old technology.

Yeti was able to make a fortune on old technologies by redesigning them and charging a massive premium. Pretty smart IMO. This latest move to distance themselves from the people who use their products seems not so smart.

Yeti came out with a response:

UPDATE [4/23/18, 4:26 p.m. ET]:
Yeti provided this official statement
"A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.
“Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that '[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.' Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”

Too many other choices out there...... If they weren't smart enough to see this coming shame on them.

I guess my next one will be RTIC or another brand.

-John

i agree with "economic sanctions" as voiced above

i protest by not buying products(Dick's ,Yeti,etc),canceling subscriptions(Quality Whitetails),NOT viewing programs(PMSNBC,CNN,etc)

bill

Lol, isn't that cute. They want to continue to help young outdoors-men... If they wanted to help young people enjoy the outdoors they wouldn't have a price that eliminates young outdoorsmen from purchasing their product in the first place. I just can't justify their prices, and when I looked for comparisons there where plenty of cheaper brands that performed as well. Backpedaling so save a few sales is my take.

Yeti came out with a response:

UPDATE [4/23/18, 4:26 p.m. ET]:
Yeti provided this official statement
"A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.
“Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that '[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.' Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”

Too many other choices out there...... If they weren't smart enough to see this coming shame on them.

I guess my next one will be RTIC or another brand.

-John
Same reply they emailed me. Never owned one their overpriced products, never will.