All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yates question

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
I was in a conversation about Yates apple trees on a thread - I think in the last month or 2 - and someone from the northern states said they have a Yates tree growing very well and producing for them. I believe it was Mich., Wisc., maybe Minn. It seems to me it was Crazy Ed, Bueller, Badgerfowl ....... can't remember. I've tried to locate that thread/post and can't find it !! Not even sure the thread was in " Fruit Trees ". Can someone who has a Yates in one of the northern states - zone 5/6 border - jump in ??

I was trying to find out what zone they were in and if they had any problems getting a Yates started, drop time in that location, etc. I've hunted & hunted and can't find that thread or their response/post. Thanks in advance.

L2L - Yep, that was it. Thanks for posting the link. I went back thru all kinds of threads looking for that info and just couldn't find it. Thanks again !!!

My yates drop slowly from early November through late December in western Illinois zone 5b

Thanks Dan, for the info. Gotta try at least one Yates !!

I have (4) Yates on B.118 in my nursery that were grafted in April 2016. They need another year of pampering. I dont have any in production out on the farm yet.

Come to think of it I think I have (1) on B.118 that was grafted April 2015 that I think is going out to the farm this spring. I grafted a bunch of these based on Dan's posts and pictures, and his kindness to share scionwood with me.