All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wounded Doe, Maybe a bobcat??

1quick70

Yearling... With promise
Last fall I got a 10 sec. video of a nice bobcat on one of my trail cams on my food plot. First sign I have found of them being here even though I know better. Fast forward to January, I pull the card to find this doe with a huge gash in her face and what looks like claw marks on her back, side, and neck. Anyone have an opinion?

Attachments

• IMG_0015 (1).jpg
    IMG_0015 (1).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 112
Maybe this one will be better!

Attachments

• Doe.jpg
    Doe.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 107
You my be right looks cat like. But I've never seen anything like that.
Almost think what ever did that should have finished the job.

I never saw damage like that either. That throat gash looks like a cat would have done it. I think that's how they make the kill from all I've seen on TV. Nasty wound to live with.

no - looks to me shoulder wound also - looks like hard quartering away shot - went through upper leg - went on through without penetrating chest - and hit throat area - all non lethal at the time. Probably an arrow but could be a bullet I suppose - maybe will survive it at this point -

no - looks to me shoulder wound also - looks like hard quartering away shot - went through upper leg - went on through without penetrating chest - and hit throat area - all non lethal at the time. Probably an arrow but could be a bullet I suppose - maybe will survive it at this point -
I agreed with this statement.

Wow that looks like it would hurt!

looks like someone tried to give that doe a Colombian necktie. Its hard to tell depending on the rot and decay, but I am thinking bullet. (downward angle shot / with hydrostatic shock damage)

My first though was a rifle wound, this is the first year for them in our state. The more I thought about it the more I started to think cat because of the head/neck would, I feel like a rifle would have done more damage. Hoping to get more pictures of her to see how she heals.

I just don't know - but I can't imagine that there won't be a bad infection and possibly fatal long term by the end of winter. Keep us posted. It'd be interesting follow her hopeful recovery.

I was looking a camera cards this evening and came across this pic. This doe has an wound similar.

IMG_3628.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it looks like someone tried to head shoot her with a rifle and "missed" center mass slightly. That would explain the wound location, and the way the wound runs from the front to the back of her head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk