All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a wounded deer or something else???

MadMadHoosier

5 year old buck +
Going through my trail cam pictures the other day I noticed this spot on the side of a deer. Never seen anything like this before in 10s of thousands of images. It will be this weekend before I can pull the hi-res image for closer inspection, but wonder if you guys think this is a latent wound from hunting season, or something else I should be worried about?

Deer Wound.jpg

My guess is a broad head graze

My guess is a broad head graze
Forgot to mention that archery (all seasons) closed January 17th. But it is Kentucky, so.....

belly in a little pocket infront of a hind leg. Doubt a archery graze. Wierd loss of hair. The reddish skin means its irritating him somehow. Guy looks healthy, no skin n bones. Maybe some rut season curb rash. But, looks more recent maybe.

Definitely not from a broadhead,I have a couple just like that are healed up.I am betting either dogs or coyotes as it looks more than a rash

My guess car vehicle rash ,, deer will recover fully they sure are tough

Well whatever it was it has either healed, the deer died, or moved on to a new area. Have not seen another picture of it since.