Would you overpay for landon

In Wisconsin you can look up the County land records on the county website. That should give you some fel for appraised value from a property tax stand point.

Realtors will normally place a high value knowing they want the seller to get excited and give them the listing. Then they have a cushsion to negotiate with.

hard to comment on your owned land comparison, it is all relative to the land and what the local values are. You could always talk to neighbors and see if they would be interested as that would avoid a commission.

I will tell you a good realtor can tell you the intangibles you may not be aware of and market beyond the local pocket book.

For logging, contact the local county forester office, they can help. Understand, there is a trade off if you log and remove the timber ... there is a value on undisturbed land.

Good luck!

My wife is a realtor so I know what some realtors are capable of...lol... She can pull comps for the area but generally speaking the $2000 per acre is pretty close.

My uncle isn't ready to list, doesn't really need the money, and I already told him I'm more than willing to pay taxes if he wanted to remove his "holding" costs and help with maintenance a few times a year. I've never hunted there, it's just too far away and I have plenty of other places to hunt.

I guess my real question is, this property has increased in value 25-30 times over the years.... Is that possible in the next 40 years? Likely not... But what is possible? 2x, 4x, 6x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only my opinion, but in another 40 years (that's a LONG time economically speaking) I would expect land to double easily. Probably more like 3x - 5x.

As an old friend of mine likes to say "they quit making land a long time ago".

I also think the bigger the piece, the more it will be worth in the future. 200 acres is more valuable per acre than 20 IMHO.

-John

Unless they figure out how to make more of it I would bet it will increase.I would buy just about any land except a toxic landfill for 600.00 and acre.Wasn't very long ago you could but now it's twice that

I've been on both sides of this one. I bought 105 acres in NW WI and 2 years later the adjacent 10 acres with a well came up for sale. The $2500/acre for that 10 acre property was over double what I paid for the original property, but the location was perfect for a future cabin so I bought it. The timing wasn't great since I didn't have the original property paid off, but I couldn't risk losing out on a perfect cabin location.

Fast forward 5 years and the adjacent 3 acres with a borderline non-liveable trailer house and pole shed comes up for sale. By this time I've built the a cabin so I don't need the buildings, but I don't really want a new neighbor. They were asking $30k for the 3 acres and 2 buildings which is way more than it was worth to me. I offered $10k, but they turned it down and sold it to someone else for $25k. They built a house on that 3 acre lot and I haven't had any issues with the new neighbor.

I've been on both sides of this one. I bought 105 acres in NW WI and 2 years later the adjacent 10 acres with a well came up for sale. The $2500/acre for that 10 acre property was over double what I paid for the original property, but the location was perfect for a future cabin so I bought it. The timing wasn't great since I didn't have the original property paid off, but I couldn't risk losing out on a perfect cabin location.

Fast forward 5 years and the adjacent 3 acres with a borderline non-liveable trailer house and pole shed comes up for sale. By this time I've built the a cabin so I don't need the buildings, but I don't really want a new neighbor. They were asking $30k for the 3 acres and 2 buildings which is way more than it was worth to me. I offered $10k, but they turned it down and sold it to someone else for $25k. They built a house on that 3 acre lot and I haven't had any issues with the new neighbor.
I can see where it can snow ball. I only have one neighbor left and it is over 100 acres so I think I am done at this location.

My wife is a realtor so I know what some realtors are capable of...lol... She can pull comps for the area but generally speaking the $2000 per acre is pretty close.

My uncle isn't ready to list, doesn't really need the money, and I already told him I'm more than willing to pay taxes if he wanted to remove his "holding" costs and help with maintenance a few times a year. I've never hunted there, it's just too far away and I have plenty of other places to hunt.

I guess my real question is, this property has increased in value 25-30 times over the years.... Is that possible in the next 40 years? Likely not... But what is possible? 2x, 4x, 6x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As my Financial adviser reminds me, past gains are no indication of future performance ... ;)