Wife put a display together

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
Was out at the farm walking the pasture yesterday afternoon while the wife gathered the fixings for her fall "arrangement". She used native grasses goldenrod thistles and a few other things she cut that caught her eye, she put them all in some old metal spittoon looking pot and set it in the corner of the dining room.

Pk9N2aU.jpg

Don't let that Teasel spread! I was told that it took hold from seed spread from flower arrangements left at the cemetery.

Wish I could post pics, my wife did the exact same thing this weekend. Even used a lot of the same flowers.

Don't let that Teasel spread! I was told that it took hold from seed spread from flower arrangements left at the cemetery.

My wife, the bees and the goldfinches love that stuff.

My wife, the bees and the goldfinches love that stuff.

It can get out of hand. I bought a farm that had 60 ac of CRP. The crap was bad, took some time to get a handle on it.

I read that as dispensary and was very upset it wasn't a giant bud

It can get out of hand. I bought a farm that had 60 ac of CRP. The crap was bad, took some time to get a handle on it.

how did you handle it in the CRP? Spot spraying?

I’ve got a 40 where it’s going to be out of hand if I don’t get after it. Switch, clover, daisies and goldenrod dominate right now but the thistle is playing catch up.

That stuff is teasel. not thistle. Its not hard to kill but it's persistent. It's a biennial, its rosettes are green before about anything, and stay green later than most plants. So, you can use gly or 2,4-d real early or late and kill it while most everything else is dormant. I've heard fire does a number on the seeds, according to a neighbor, but I can't burn where my problem is.

My daughter also did the same thing for her grandma! Looks beautiful!