Who made this cultipacker?

Planning to build one this winter. I am thinking of using 4-1' pcs. of 12" drain pipe with 1" schedule 80 pipe for a center sleeve and using 1" cold roll for the axle. I am thinking on building the frame in 3 pieces and attaching the axle with a pin set up and keeper rings of some kind. My small trailer is just big enough to haul my quad, so going with the 4-1' pcs. and 3 pc. frame I can take it apart and haul it in the pickup bed. The 4 pc. roller design should also eliminate any turning issues. Once I get it all drawn out and get the actual work started, I will try to post some pics if anyone is interested.

Planning to build one this winter. I am thinking of using 4-1' pcs. of 12" drain pipe with 1" schedule 80 pipe for a center sleeve and using 1" cold roll for the axle. I am thinking on building the frame in 3 pieces and attaching the axle with a pin set up and keeper rings of some kind. My small trailer is just big enough to haul my quad, so going with the 4-1' pcs. and 3 pc. frame I can take it apart and haul it in the pickup bed. The 4 pc. roller design should also eliminate any turning issues. Once I get it all drawn out and get the actual work started, I will try to post some pics if anyone is interested.

If I were to build another one and had the time I would build the roller in pieces also, very similar to the way you're thinking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that idea as well, but my question is: Do you still use a piece of plywood to cap the ends of each individual piece of tile?

Yes

I like the idea of making it sections as it would be easier to transport and store. But my reasoning for thinking about making it in sections is mainly because it might make each one move slightly independently of the other and hopefully confirm to the surface better, especially when going over larger rocks.

If the center sleeve were made with a larger diameter casing, say 2" and the center axle 1", would this help with that? Or would the additional play cause more damage?

I like the idea of making it sections as it would be easier to transport and store. But my reasoning for thinking about making it in sections is mainly because it might make each one move slightly independently of the other and hopefully confirm to the surface better, especially when going over larger rocks.

If the center sleeve were made with a larger diameter casing, say 2" and the center axle 1", would this help with that? Or would the additional play cause more damage?

You want your axle to be about 1-7/8" dia.