Who is your least favorite author or "T.V. Hunter"

This guy is my hero and sensei.

I saw one of his vids using a skidsteer.. always looks like he's about to keel over from a heart attack. Sounds like a *donk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^ Is that MoBuckChaser?

I cancelled all the hunting channels. Got sick of the commercialization. My time is better spent reading this forum.

^^^ Is that MoBuckChaser?

I cancelled all the hunting channels. Got sick of the commercialization. My time is better spent reading this forum.

No, that's don mealey. He's a few coulters short of a drill...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"few coulters short of a drill"

that brought a smile........

bill

For hunting videos, Whitetail Adrenaline. No sponsers, public land ground bow hunting. These guys can teach you a few tricks. They shoot good deer and are very comical. Local wisconnies too. Jeff Sturgis books are my favorites so far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For hunting videos, Whitetail Adrenaline. No sponsers, public land ground bow hunting. These guys can teach you a few tricks. They shoot good deer and are very comical. Local wisconnies too. Jeff Sturgis books are my favorites so far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I heard the Whitetail Adrenaline guys were caught trespassing and hunting on private land in SE MN during the CWD hunt a couple months ago. I thought they had the best show too until I heard about that, now it makes me wonder about everything else they shot. They were called out on it on their facebook page and didn't deny it. It looks like they are avoiding the topic and hoping the storm passes.

As far as books go, I like Jeff Sturgis, Steve B. and Ed Spinnazola's (sp). Ed's book is a really nice reference for food plotting.

I heard the Whitetail Adrenaline guys were caught trespassing and hunting on private land in SE MN during the CWD hunt a couple months ago. I thought they had the best show too until I heard about that, now it makes me wonder about everything else they shot. They were called out on it on their facebook page and didn't deny it. It looks like they are avoiding the topic and hoping the storm passes.

As far as books go, I like Jeff Sturgis, Steve B. and Ed Spinnazola's (sp). Ed's book is a really nice reference for food plotting.
I like Ed's book too, but there is one thing in there that I don't believe any of us should be doing and that's spraying a weak Glyphosate mixture. Gly resistant weeds are becoming a problem, and weak mixes contributes to the problem.

SW. Pa.

I told my wife the other day that she should go ahead and cancel "The Outdoor Channel" and other hunting channels on our satellite package because I don't really watch them anymore. She said already did... over a yr ago. Guess that shows how much I watch hunting shows now. I wouldn't say I hate any of the personalities, I just lost interest for whatever reason.

No, that's don mealey. He's a few coulters short of a drill...

Just stumbled into this thread via another current one. Funny stuff here from time gone by. lol.

Used to be a lot of love for Sturgis.

Whoever the guy is that claims to have personally developed TnM (in something like 2004). If I remember right he also says that rye is 100% it and there is no use for wheat. I stopped listening to him first and is the only one that's really left me jaded.

Just stumbled into this thread via another current one. Funny stuff here from time gone by. lol.

Hahaha, I totally forgot about that insult…
One of my better ones, if I do say so.

Also, Jeff Sturgis claims to have invented or pioneered every dang technique to have ever existed. He would probably be my least favorite hunting personality.
He is the least open-minded person I think I have ever met. Things that work for guys all over the place are “useless” in his mind if it doesn’t work in his Midwest context.

Whoever the guy is that claims to have personally developed TnM (in something like 2004). If I remember right he also says that rye is 100% it and there is no use for wheat. I stopped listening to him first and is the only one that's really left me jaded.

I think that’s sturgis.

The actual pioneer of TnM was Paul Knox (AKA LickCreek, or Dbltree depending on which old forum you were on).

He documented everything he did, worked on the method for YEARS, and is still sorely missed after his passing.

He did champion the virtues of Rye, but understood it within its context as a soil building tool. He commonly recommended oats and wheat in his mixes.

I think that’s sturgis.

The actual pioneer of TnM was Paul Knox (AKA LickCreek, or Dbltree depending on which old forum you were on).

He documented everything he did, worked on the method for YEARS, and is still sorely missed after his passing.

He did champion the virtues of Rye, but understood it within its context as a soil building tool. He commonly recommended oats and wheat in his mixes.

Ya, I knew Paul through threads and messages. Good guy that was always willing to help. It was sad to see him die through the forums.

If it wasn't for him constantly talking about himself originating this that and the other I would actually listen to him a lot more.
I’ve watched many many of his youtube videos and am grateful for what he’s shared… but I agree the constant commentary about how long ago he originated this or that adds zero value and is pretty off putting. I guess we’ve all got our blind spots. I’m also trying to reduce my glyphosate addiction, and I don’t care what he thinks about that. The man definitely hates weeds.

And for whatever reason I enjoy Don Mealey, I watch a vid here and there.

Ted Nugent on one hand inspires me to stay energized, and on the other hand is so wrong about so much.

I think the one that jives w my personality the best is DIY Sportsman… not a habitat manager but just a humble dude who likes to analyze gear, and processes.

Ya, I knew Paul through threads and messages. Good guy that was always willing to help. It was sad to see him die through the forums.

Paul (Dbletree)’s legacy still lives on over on the iowawhitetail forums… Much to Skip Sligh’s credit.

Paul (Dbletree)’s legacy still lives on over on the iowawhitetail forums… Much to Skip Sligh’s credit.

Oops… this post is irrelevant because I thought I was posting on a different forum. Dang Tapatalk makes it easy to forget which forum you’re on!

Kip Campbell from Red Arrow is definitely my favorite hunter personality. Most of his commercials are funny but this one is EPIC! I still laugh out loud every time I see it :)

I grew up on Drury Brothers, the Primos crew, Dan Fitzgerald, Roger Raglin and Realtree Outdoors. I was a fan of all of them, then I watched Bill Jordan step off a plane, get into a truck and get out of the truck in the same blue jeans and tee-shirt to a couple of people waiting on a hillside. They pointed out a monster buck bedded with some doe in the valley below, then he shot it. Then he thanked the outfitter for the "hunt".

That's not hunting, that's killing just for the video footage. Seeing that opened my eyes to the commercialization of hunting I was mostly oblivious to before. Most of today's shows, if you listen, they always thank so&so ranch or outfitter for putting them on the right deer. No scouting, no picking the spot, no hanging stands or trimming shooting lanes (certainly no habitat work) etc. Just show up and go where they tell you to and shoot deer. None of that is hunting to me but that's just my opinion. At least show your viewers some sort of hunting skill besides shooting.

The Crush with Lee and Tiffany is good although I doubt we get to see the whole picture, at least he does own tractors and does some work as well as has his finger on the pulse regarding what deer are on his farm. Don Kisky gives the same feel although I don't know how much work he does on his land.

Last edited: