What was one of the best additions to your farm?

Hands down "The Hut" was the best addition per $$ I've ever made to my farm.

We've been using it for 3 or 4 years now. Still no issues with critters (much to my amazement) and we simply don't get winded like we used to. So much so, that I have to remind myself not to get sloppy. I have no doubt deer "smell" us, but they just don't seem to care anymore.

http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/not-an-ozone-shed-redneck-ozone.7164/#post-136522

-John

Yes John I remember that thread. I am going to review it again in a bit and may have questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been using it for 3 or 4 years now. Still no issues with critters (much to my amazement) and we simply don't get winded like we used to. So much so, that I have to remind myself not to get sloppy. I have no doubt deer "smell" us, but they just don't seem to care anymore.

http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/not-an-ozone-shed-redneck-ozone.7164/#post-136522

-John

Do you live at your place? I really like the idea, but I am concerned about someone breaking in and stealing my Sitka Gear. I see you have some too.

How do you like your Sitka gear? Worth the price?

I have not built my own shooting house. I have that on the list, but can’t really figure out where I want them. I have two Whitetail Properties blinds built on elevated platforms. They are a little too small for my liking. So I think the shooting house is in order.

As for buildings that is a great suggestion and I second it, but I have a pretty large building already and it was a great addition.

Something I am wanting to do that you may try is putting the tower blind on a wagon or grain cart running gear. This means you can easily move it to some extent should you decide that you want it in a different location. I have two that are fixed in position, but want to build more and really want one on wheels of some sort - as I have an area that floods in the spring that I would like to have a tower blind, but not have to worry about the flood water affects and the like....so I can take it into position come fall and then pull it back out before spring flood season......or even put it in an area where I may have summer crops and can easily take up position after the harvest is over.

Putting a wood insert into my fireplace. My original fireplace sent most of the heat up the chimney and went through logs like candy. This insert pumps out the heat and is a miser with logs. Nothing beats being cozy and warm. It cut my heating bill in half.

-John

Do you live at your place? I really like the idea, but I am concerned about someone breaking in and stealing my Sitka Gear. I see you have some too.

How do you like your Sitka gear? Worth the price?

Yes if it is about 40 percent off I like mine a lot.

I have not built my own shooting house. I have that on the list, but can’t really figure out where I want them. I have two Whitetail Properties blinds built on elevated platforms. They are a little too small for my liking. So I think the shooting house is in order.

As for buildings that is a great suggestion and I second it, but I have a pretty large building already and it was a great addition.

Something I am wanting to do that you may try is putting the tower blind on a wagon or grain cart running gear. This means you can easily move it to some extent should you decide that you want it in a different location. I have two that are fixed in position, but want to build more and really want one on wheels of some sort - as I have an area that floods in the spring that I would like to have a tower blind, but not have to worry about the flood water affects and the like....so I can take it into position come fall and then pull it back out before spring flood season......or even put it in an area where I may have summer crops and can easily take up position after the harvest is over.

That is exactly what I want to do.

I live there now, but didn't until this winter.

I'm known as that guy with a camera behind every tree, and it's kind of true. Which might deter people from snooping.

Honestly I highly doubt most people would even look in the Hut. At best it looks like wood storage. I make sure the door it shut when we leave.

I love my Sita gear, and I paid full price. But the deer gods don't like it. Of the 3 bucks I've harvested since I bought it, all were taken while I was wearing my predator camo.

My sitka gear is the most comfortable and practical. But I wear the other stuff when I shoot deer apparently.

-John

So far it looks like this year might be manageable with regard to work. So I am in the mood to add something to the farm if I can come up with a good idea. Last year we added the walk in cooler and after it was installed and in place a few months I don’t know how we did it without the cooler ha ha. So would have you added to your farm that was a good decision, or what are you thinking of adding? I posted here because the “projects” section does not seem to het a ton of use.

Did you do a thread about your cooler build? I've been looking into it. Debating between building a room in barn and buying a cool bot unit to cool it, or trying to find a used one and just parking in next to the barn. Hopefully to someday hold apples. Be handy for deer and also cold storage of trees

So far it looks like this year might be manageable with regard to work. So I am in the mood to add something to the farm if I can come up with a good idea. Last year we added the walk in cooler and after it was installed and in place a few months I don’t know how we did it without the cooler ha ha. So would have you added to your farm that was a good decision, or what are you thinking of adding? I posted here because the “projects” section does not seem to het a ton of use.

Did you do a thread about your cooler build? I've been looking into it. Debating between building a room in barn and buying a cool bot unit to cool it, or trying to find a used one and just parking in next to the barn. Hopefully to someday hold apples. Be handy for deer and also cold storage of trees

I did noti wasn’t even there when my buddies put it in