What the @#%@ is this ?

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Scion-bug-eggs-007.jpg

Found these while pruning an apple tree. Anybody know what they are?

They look like egg cases but I have no idea what put them there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen anything like that before. Color me curious.....

Put them in a container and hatch them. I'm guessing they are chupacabra spores though.
No way are those Chupacabra spores, definitely miniature UFO landing crafts that are associated with certain kind of fruit trees.
Expect a visit from this man soon. You'll know a lot about refraction of light from swamp gas afterwards.
7780ed7428c360d80cfec0ad32b3d8be.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You found the yoga pad site for the lost Bodies in Motion episode from '86.

View attachment 22733

Somebody just dated themselves big time!

How did you come up with that?

I would apologize for derailing the thread, but... well... think it already got derailed! :emoji_wink:

Found a hexagonal oddity (pic pulled from google but looked identical) a few years back on a pecan sapling. Had the same exact reaction as greyphase upon his discovery.

Wheel Bug Eggs.jpg

After a bit of sleuthing (and the eggs hatching) figured out they were wheel bug eggs. Related note, MANY moons ago back when I too would have been jonesing to see the Bodies In Motion video I got stabbed by the proboscis of a wheel bug. Remember it being much worse than a bee sting and had a red streak run up the length of my arm. See them all the time working outside now but do my best to avoid a repeat of that experience!

^^^^^ They look like serious bugs. No thanks.

Bowsnbucks, the adult phase is really ugly. Slow until it attacks but once it jabs the catepillar you get an idea how much a hurting they can deliver...

Bowsnbucks, the adult phase is really ugly. Slow until it attacks but once it jabs the catepillar you get an idea how much a hurting they can deliver...

And it has one broken leg.

I've seen those things somewhere before. I'll know to squash them and stay clear of the front end !!

Wheel bugs are a pretty beneficial predator. Might not hurt (unless you get bit) to have them around.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don't see them often. I won't make a dent in their numbers !!