All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it?

nitro27

5 year old buck +
what is it.JPG
What the heck is this?

I’d say either house cat or bobcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell. Motion kind of blurs the pic and makes it look like a long tail.

I’m voting bob cat even though.

I'm going with bobcat. If it's a house cat, it's a might big one. For me, it's the very pointy ears.bobcat.png

Me thinks,.. It is the Ghost of Christmas Past !

I think there is blurred movement, definitely looks like bobcat ear shape.

Tough to tell the size when there is little in the picture to use a reference. If those are deer tracks (or troughs) in the deep snow I'd be inclined to say bobcat. But could also easily just be a house cat.

Tough to tell the size when there is little in the picture to use a reference. If those are deer tracks (or troughs) in the deep snow I'd be inclined to say bobcat. But could also easily just be a house cat.
size comparison.JPG
Fawn to help on size comparison.

View attachment 27771
Fawn to help on size comparison.

That helps. Definitely not a house cat. Coyotes have pointy ears too. Because it's so blurred it's easy to think there is no canine muzzle on that thing. It could very well be there. The size alone makes me now consider that it could be a coyote. There is also some kind of a hint of a longer tail on its rear.