What is going wrong here?

sandbur

5 year old buck +
Crab seedling on Antanovka. It seems like last years topwork on this did about the same.

Fireblight?
5cf45c9739e61f73c244489bdcc1c1df.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you reworked the same Antanovka stump might not be enough vigor left in it to heal in the graft. Just a thought. Doesnt strike me as FB at this point. I have regrafted to some stumps and root stock multiple times and what ever I graft continues to fail on that particular one. Something just isnt right and either rip it out or abandon and move on.

If you reworked the same Antanovka stump might not be enough vigor left in it to heal in the graft. Just a thought. Doesnt strike me as FB at this point. I have regrafted to some stumps and root stock multiple times and what ever I graft continues to fail on that particular one. Something just isnt right and either rip it out or abandon and move on.

Nurse limb seems to be healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"What is going on here" could be a thread for exactly this topic..aw man!....what happened..?!
Here's my "What is going on here".
I went 10 for 13 on grafts this year. One is explainable. But why did both my Harrison on B118 graphs fail after leafing out just like all the rest? Is there something about Harrison or the combination of Harrison on B118 that I should know about...some incompatibility? What is going on here?

Could be some "incompatibility" issue, doesnt mean that you will never get a successful graft, just the odds seem to go way down on some combinations. I am beginning to notice certain combinations every year have a lower success rate than others. Could be the condition of the scions as well, diameter, when they were collected, etc..