All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if you can't get fertilizer next year?

I live in a county that is strong in livestock production. Manure is golden! My renter just injected dairy pit manure on one field. The other field was done last fall.

I prefer chicken manure for my garden and hope I can get a few buckets this spring. Older chicken manure is better yet.

We have dairy operations, hog, turkey, and chicken facilities in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a bunch of dairy, turkeys, and hoggs in our area. They are all big operators and would not be able to spread in my plots.

Went tuesday and bought 8 bags of fertilizer. Most years been 4-6 bags. Making it last 2 years. 3 bags triple 15, 3 6-24-24, and 2 bags potash.

May need to buy 2 bags potash next year, maybe....... Growing oats for the fall.

I rotate where I shoot a deer. This year I bought an nclosed trailer, so this year will be my brother-in-laws cornfield a little less than 2 hours away. Camp out in da trailer.......

so, I dont have to have my plot A game at hunting camp or at home. This year I am converting a log landing to a plot, the dead trees n chips are rotten enough now. Also, making a wooden stand with roof for the "community" plot. 1st come 1st served for the stand there..... Everyone thinks the snowmobile trail by the road is a waste of a hunting day........ so, thats my spot where I see deer several times a day.........