All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the chances ?

Bill

Administrator
Never hurt the stand. Cut the straps good to go!

574b8a5b18da242802d99a9b99e128a5.jpg

5eece36d61ea2ea8f74d113b1a2ea6f0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess I'm not the only one
8ab06375a924fab5d7304d0426976deb.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I had a nearby tree fall into a stand once. Bent it up some, but straightened it out and still use it!!

I thought the same thing when the tree with my hang on fell.

Mine is bent up a bit but I may try to straighten it and use it again. It's one that I only use two ladder sections on so I'm only going up in the air 8-10 feet. Wouldn't trust the bent and then re-bent metal 15+ feet up.

If a tree falls in the woods.................... LOL

Wow, talk about luck! I often wonder when I'm going to find one of mine on the ground, hopefully if I do it'll be in sound shape to.

I had a huge cedar fall and it caught my ladder stand perfectly and smashed it almost flat. The cedar rode the large oak down and just scraped the stand into an accordion. I had a couple pictures but can't find them on the puter.

Reactions: kl9
Good thing this wasn't Oct/Nov.

Boy....that would have been a ride if you was in it.lol

This happened to me last year as well. First evening I could hunt and was running short of time. Walked to my best spot and another tree had fallen right on top of my stand. Wind was wrong for every other stand and time was short to make it anywhere else. I ended up not hunting at all! What a bummer.

I have one old hang on tangled in a mess of 3 trees toppled, stand is in a big red cedar, cedar has mfr, honeysuckle, grape, and bittersweet tangling up it. The other two trees that came down on top of the one with the stand are another cedar, and gnarly mulberry, each tangled with the smae vines, mfr's... that stand is retired, just cant cut my way in to get it out.