All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Wisconsin

SWIFFY

5 year old buck +
This is all over a buddy’s bean 40DB024E-2E64-4B0F-98AB-0DE17430E23F.jpeg6990D767-F2C6-4E8C-815F-92EE4428B113.jpegplot and Gly didn’t kill it. Any idea what it is?

I also have that stuff in a low laying spot in one of my plots. Laughs at gly but i dont get to concerned about it. Cant help you with a name for it.

Horsetail, and its a real bitch to deal with. Spreads with tillage. Likes poor drainage. Nearly impossible to kill. I think you may need obscene amounts of glyphosate to kill it.

Thanks Buck! I will pass that on!

Horse tail. 2,4D will kill it, 2,4Db probably will also, but I haven’t tried it.

Horse tail. 2,4D will kill it, 2,4Db probably will also, but I haven’t tried it.

What is the difference between 2,4D and 2,4Db?

2-4db can be used on clover to kill broadleafs. 2-4d will kill your clover. Now I don’t know the chemical properties that facilitate that but you can mix 2-4db and cleth to tackle broadleafs and grasses in a clover plot

2-4db can be used on clover to kill broadleafs. 2-4d will kill your clover. Now I don’t know the chemical properties that facilitate that but you can mix 2-4db and cleth to tackle broadleafs and grasses in a clover plot
Thanks! Saved me messing up.

Last I checked, clover isn't actually on the label for 24Db. Just for people who totally go by the book.

And here's a thread getting started on the farming forum just now about the Horsetail weed. I've heard any chemical that will actually kill it would prevent you from growing a crop on that land for many years.

Ones safe on clover, one isnt!
That’s all I got....
Also safe on soybeans. I’ve also heard some say Butyrac 200 is also safe on alfalfa, chicory, and birdsfoot trefoil, but that I’m not 100 percent on.

Last I checked, clover isn't actually on the label for 24Db. Just for people who totally go by the book.

And here's a thread getting started on the farming forum just now about the Horsetail weed. I've heard any chemical that will actually kill it would prevent you from growing a crop on that land for many years.

I’ve used 2,4d on horsetail. Killed it, then followed up with fall food plots a couple months later. 2,4d does have some residual effects in the soil, but it’s not that long.

The link you provided was interesting though. I’m wondering if the weed had developed a resistance to 2,4d? Round up set it back, but every time I’ve applied 2,4d it nukes it, and it never returns.

I'm 99% positive that you cannot tank mix cleth and 24db. If memory serves me correctly, I tried that once...big mistake. It solidified into a sludge in my tank. It took me hours to get everything cleaned and working again.
Apply those 2 chemicals separately.