All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weed ID- Pigweed?

hilltopper

5 year old buck +
This weed came up in a relatively new woodland plot. I have it nowhere else- must have come in with the rye or oats I broadcast last fall. Is it pigweed? Hope it's not a gly-resistant strain!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 12.55.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 12.55.43 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
No, not pigweed. It's pilewort....

Hmmm, I'm going to have to go take another look now that I have an idea of what to look for, Thanks.

Isn't that fireweed?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Isn't that fireweed?

Yes, fireweed and pilewort are different names for the same plant (Erechtites hieracifolia).

Amazing all the weeds i recognize but can't name. I pulled a few of those out of a flowerbed the other day.

Kids cjkodo
This weed came up in a relatively new woodland plot. I have it nowhere else- must have come in with the rye or oats I broadcast last fall. Is it pigweed? Hope it's not a gly-resistant strain!
44 we nkjj4vonl

Yes, fireweed and pilewort are different names for the same plant (Erechtites hieracifolia).
Just learned yet another thing from NH Thanks.

Amazing all the weeds i recognize but can't name. I pulled a few of those out of a flowerbed the other day.
This is one weed that pulls easily. It has a pretty fragile root system.

I sprayed the fireweed (I like that name better than pilewort) yesterday and lightly dragged the site today before broadcasting a brassica mix and cultipacking. You're right about the roots. Dragging it basically knocked it down completely.

Two things I've learned about pigweed; gly is like fertilizer to it, and it has a massive root system when you decide to pull it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kids cjkodo

44 we nkjj4vonl
Wow, sorry for this. My pocket must have thought this a good response while i was disking lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk