All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video worth watching

Foggy47

5 year old buck +
Been following one guy's efforts on his land in Michigan. Good video content on him using a Tar River conventional drill as a "no till" drill to do food plots. Video Channel is "The Back 40" and Mark is the operator. Likely some of the first video I saw on no till drills. Worth a look if your considering such stuff.. He's likely made about a dozen presentations on his efforts. over the past 5 years.

Been following one guy's efforts on his land in Michigan. Good video content on him using a Tar River conventional drill as a "no till" drill to do food plots. Video Channel is "The Back 40" and Mark is the operator. Likely some of the first video I saw on no till drills. Worth a look if your considering such stuff.. He's likely made about a dozen presentations on his efforts. over the past 5 years.

Good video. I hope he doesn't go down the path of trying to irrigate that. A sandpoint isn't gonna produce the gallons he needs to make a difference. That guy needs deep rooted biennials and perennials if he wants to beat the drought makers. And he needs to let them go to late July / early August. He should be able to make that if he's in Michigan.

Good video. I hope he doesn't go down the path of trying to irrigate that. A sandpoint isn't gonna produce the gallons he needs to make a difference. That guy needs deep rooted biennials and perennials if he wants to beat the drought makers. And he needs to let them go to late July / early August. He should be able to make that if he's in Michigan.
He is a member here....but seldom visits. I think your partly right.....but he did say he needed to terminate the weeds after 5 years and kinda start over. Hard to do that in a drought. I've followed his videos for a few years now.....and he is learning things like most of us on his land.....some works / some doesn't. I agree with you on a sand point well....hard to get enough output for significant irrigation.......tho he is only doing a few smaller plots.

Now I really want a grain drill 😀

Now I really want a grain drill 😀
I really think he has good entry level information for lots of folks that are considering.grain drill. I would reccomend watching his progression from the start. It's informative and somewhat entertaining. He uses a low cost 3 point grain drill as a no-till drill......and it makes perfect sense.....WITH THE RIGHT SOILS (light / sandy).

I started watching his videos and I like them. My soil is sandy too but I also have rocks. Guess it’s time to pick rocks and build a rock wall

I started watching his videos and I like them. My soil is sandy too but I also have rocks. Guess it’s time to pick rocks and build a rock wall
Lots of folks get along with a drill in rocks. Trick is to go S L O W and to get decent blades. I think the Great Plains / Landpride are better than some others in this area.